IT Pro's Hiring Kit - Interview Guide & Job Descriptions
"Everything you need to respond and hire as demand for IT Professionals increases" - CIO Fortune 500"
Simplify Recruiting While Making
Sure You Hire The Best IT Staff Possible
IT Pro's Hiring Kit - Interview Guide & Job Descriptions - In today's economy, nearly every organization faces pressure to reduce waste, run at peak efficiency and "do more with less". While the economy has shown signs of improvement and the unemployment rate has dropped modestly, organizations are still extremely cautious when it comes to hiring. When it is necessary to hire, it is critical to make every hire count. There is little room for error. It is crucial for senior-level leadership, human resources and hiring managers to all be on the same page and do the right thing.
It's a good time for CIO and IT managers to pressure HR to have a bigger impact. There's an expanding tool set today for doing interactive performance tracking and getting deeper insight into your company's talent pool, while also wringing more efficiency out of automation. HR and IT teams working together should be able to get results.
Building an excellent IT staff your company requires offering the right jobs at the right salary levels. Only the IT Hiring Resource Kit provides the industry-standard job descriptions and up-to-date salary data you need to recruit top talent as effectively and efficiently as possible. The salary survey includes a list of the benefits provided by enterprises of all size. Is your company providing the right benefits.
This indispensable resource provides up-to-date salary data gathered through an extensive survey of businesses throughout the United States and Canada, plus polished job descriptions for the 73 IT positions surveyed. This proprietary information will reduce the time it takes to recruit top talent and ensure that you get the right person for each job.
For best practices, we suggest the Platinum Edition, as it has everything that is needed to meet all mandated job description requirements.
BONUS - The Interview and Hiring Guide is now included with all versions of the IT Hiring Kit.
Versions of the IT Hiring Kit
- Latest IT Salary Survey - The salary survey draws on data collected throughout the year via extensive Internet-based survey instruments and completed survey forms from businesses throughout the United States and Canada. The survey data reflects IT salaries in 78 major cities in the United States as well as 23 cities in Canada. Summary data is provided in both the PDF document and a separate Excel Spreadsheet.
- Salary Survey Job Descriptions (PDF) The job descriptions are provided as a 206 page indexed PDF document for all of the positions surveyed. The PDF file can be viewed and printed.
- Interview and Hiring Guide (WORD and PDF) Includes two electronic forms: Background Check Authorization and Interview Questionnaire.
- IT Hiring Kit - Silver Edition
- Internet and IT Job Descriptions (Word and eReader) The plus 288 Job Descriptions have been extracted from Janco's Internet IT and Position Descriptions HandiGuide™. Each job description has a copyright date of . - Includes the 72 positions surveyed (WORD).
- IT Hiring Kit - Silver Edition
- Internet and IT Positions Description HandiGuide™(PDF) The Internet and IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide™ over 800 pages; which includes sample organization charts, a job progression matrix, and all of the job descriptions. The book also addresses Fair Labor Standards and the ADA. Also included are tools to help you expand, evaluate and define your enterprise's unique additional required. Those tools include:
- Job Evaluation Questionnaire
- Position Description Questionnaire
- Job Progression Matrix (Job Family Classifications)
- Candidate Interview Control Log