CTO - CIO Management Articles
Security, Disaster Planning, ITSM, Metrics, and Salary Survey
The CTO Toolkits News feed is an XML news feed that you can subscribe to and re-publish on your web site or blog. The only requirement that you need to meet is that the feed is included with no modifications and that the links within the feed are retained as is.
The XML newsfeed is:
Articles on the lastest IT Hot Jobs
Hot Jobs in the IT Job Market
- more info
- Digital Brand Manager Technology skills required for many mainstream roles Digital Brand Manager hot new job Digital Brand Manager commands a $130K to $140K starting salary The Digital Brand Manager is responsible for the total...
- Chief Digital Officer now is need in enterprises to leverage digital data Chief Digital Officer (CDO) now is needed to leverage digital strategy Chief Digital Officers (CDO) time is now. CIOs understand that digital is central to their...
- Is It Time To Appoint a Chief Mobility Officer Is the time right to create a Chief Mobility Officer (CMoO) position The time has arrived to legitimize and define the role of the chief...
- Is a Chief Mobility Officer necessary Chief Mobility Officer now almost a necessity The idea of a company having a chief mobility officer (CMO) is not a new one. But as...
- 10 hot new jobs in IT 10 Hot New Jobs in IT As technology changes new jobs titles are appearing in IT. The 10 hot new jobs that have high demand...
IoT Infrastructure Challenges are more complex than many CIO think
For years, the Internet of Things has represented tantalizing possibility for enterprise technology leaders. But the same confluence of factors that position IoT as a tool of strategic advantage - actionable consumer data, greater efficiencies and process improvement, a paved path to innovation - also pose major challenges. Cybersecurity threats, consumer privacy concerns and mountains of unprocessed information can derail these initiatives before they start. While opportunities still abound through IoT, CIOs must first build a clear roadmap to unlocking its full potential.more info
Windows systems more likely to be hacked than Andriod
Patch management and change control polices and procedures are the nemesis of IT executives around the world
The first important step in a patch management operation is to know when there is a need for a patch to be made. A patch management policy should have a section detailing what must be done to ensure the security personnel know what to do in this situation.
In the latest round of hacking, systems hacked were still running on Windows XP. Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP with updates in early 2014, leaving many vulnerable to the last three years of new malware.
Google follows a different philosophy with its old operating systems. Since 2015, Android users going all the way back to version 4.4 receive monthly security updates, covering more than 735 million devices.
So while a person using a Samsung Galaxy Note S3 might not get the latest features like Google Assistant, they're still protected from security flaws through Google's support.
It's why when WikiLeaks claimed it released the CIA's Android exploits, Google came out and said it had already patched the vulnerabilities. Companies like Samsung and BlackBerry also offer their own regular security updates.more info
More H-1B visa applications than ever - more US workers to lose jobs
US Corporations pay more to average H-1B Visa holders than do non-US Companies
The U.S. began accepting petitions on Monday, April 3, but the cap was not only reached but exceeded very quickly.
In 2016 for 2017, the U.S. government received 236,000 visa petitions for FY 2017, a new record. In 2015 for 2016, the U.S. received 233,000 petitions.more info
Security with be CIO and CEO focus in 2017
2017 CIOs and CEOs will demand Security Policies and Compliance Tools be implemented
The rash of high-profile data breaches have exposed customers' personal information, created reputation nightmares and cost CIOs their jobs. CIOs, CEOs, and CFOs should have security at the top of their priority list. But while businesses are saying the right things about giving IT security more attention and budget, is that talk being put into useful action?more info