News for Disaster Recovery Planning and Business Continuity Planning
The Disaster Recovery Planning News feed is an XML news feed that you can subscribe to and re-publish on your web site or blog. The only requirement that you need to meet is that the feed is included with no modifications and that the links within the feed are retained as is.
If you wish to subscribe to this news feed the option that you have is:
Pandemic get closer
Pandemic Management with Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Plans
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly 40,000 Americans die annually from seasonal flu. And most experts agree that the human race is long overdue for an influenza pandemic far more deadly than the H2N1 pandemic of 2009 - 2010. The threat from Mother Nature goes far beyond the flu.
More than 400 new U.S. cases of West Nile virus [infection] emerged in the last week in an outbreak that remains the 2nd worst on record but has begun to show signs of slowing. So far this year , 3545 cases have been reported to federal health officials as of 25 September 2012, up from 3142 reported the week before, the CDC said in its weekly update of outbreak data. About 38 per cent of all cases have been reported in Texas. Other states with large numbers of cases include Mississippi, Michigan, South Dakota, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and California.- more info
How to deal with increasing mobility
Mobility Infrastructure Polices key to implementation
How to deal with increasing mobility are the nemesis of CIOs around the world. . .
Mobility is an expectation of both customers and enterprise workforce. Without implementing mobile capabilities, organizations are at a competitive disadvantage. Customers interface with front-line employees who represent your business, giving weight to mobile-enablement decisions. Providing greater access to information, enhancing communications and reducing costs can all increase the speed of doing business. What steps can move you along the mobility maturity curve? CIOs have the opportunity to enable new efficiencies and provide value for both internal and external customers.more info
How to Guide for Cloud and Processing and Outsourcing - DR/BC considerations
Cloud Processing changes the way disaster recovery is planned and executed
In the last several months there have been a rapid adoption of cloud security technologies. There are many new mandates, shifts in how plan for and execute Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans, and new strategies which leverage cloud storage for more than just backups.
The How to Guide for Cloud and Processing and Outsourcing covers:
- Cloud Outsourcing Policy Standard Policy that can be used to determine when outsourcing is an option
- Cloud Outsourcing Approval Standard Process which can be used in approving an outsourcing agreement
- Sample Service Level Agreement
- Service Level Agreement Metrics Definition
- Outline for Contract Negotiation
- Base Case Development Detail
- Key Job Descriptions
- BIA Questionnaire
- ISO 27001 & 27002 Security Process Audit Checklist
Disaster Recovery can now go wireless
DRP BCP Wireless Tool - a good or a bad idea
The Connect wireless stick lets the user stream media or move files wirelessly with up to three computers, phones or tablets simultaneously.
Connections are made via built-in wifi (think "hotspot"), so no external wireless or internet services are needed. A USB connection is also available, if desired. Storage on this model is a generous 200GB. Reviewers on Amazon report at least 8-10 hours of battery life on one charge. It sells for between $119.99 down to $83.69.more info
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity News
- Disaster Planning - Business Continuity Cost of No Plan Cost of no Plan CIO and the organizations they manage need to place a high value on being prepared for disasters of any kind because...
- BIA - Business Impact Analysis necessary for BC/DR First step for BC/DR is BIA - Business Impact Analysis BIA is a necessary step if an enterprise want to be certain its business continuity...
- Life cycle for business continuity and security breaches are the same When a security breach or business interruption occur, the life cycle from the start to the end are the same. First and foremost you must...
- More IT Jobs in Health Care - Business Interruption Planning Information Management Magazine and Insurance Networking News both report that there was significant growth in the Health Care field in the number of IT jobs...
- 10 Points of CIO focus in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning Top 10 points of CIO focus in planning 10 points of CIO focus that need to be addressed in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning...