News for Disaster Recovery Planning and Business Continuity Planning
DR/BC is a process that needs to be updated
The Disaster Recovery Planning News feed is an XML news feed that you can subscribe to and re-publish on your web site or blog. The only requirement that you need to meet is that the feed is included with no modifications and that the links within the feed are retained as is.
If you wish to subscribe to this news feed the option that you have is:
Summay of DR/BC News
Pandemic get closer
Pandemic Management with Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Plans
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly 40,000 Americans die annually from seasonal flu. And most experts agree that the human race is long overdue for an influenza pandemic far more deadly than the H2N1 pandemic of 2009 - 2010. The threat from Mother Nature goes far beyond the flu.
More than 400 new U.S. cases of West Nile virus [infection] emerged in the last week in an outbreak that remains the 2nd worst on record but has begun to show signs of slowing. So far this year , 3545 cases have been reported to federal health officials as of 25 September 2012, up from 3142 reported the week before, the CDC said in its weekly update of outbreak data. About 38 per cent of all cases have been reported in Texas. Other states with large numbers of cases include Mississippi, Michigan, South Dakota, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and California.- Pandemic get closer
Ransomware threat to DR/BC implementations
Experts Agree Ransomware is a threat to DR/BC implementations
This Adaptive Ransomware Attack (ARA) combines advanced automation with real-time human response: hackers adapt their tools and techniques on the fly to get round your defense
Security is a critical concern during the recovery process - Disaster Recovery Business Cotinuity and Security Templates
Both the Security Manual and Disaster Recovery / Business continuity templates have been updated to take into account new International compliance (GDPR) and ransomware compliance requirements.Ransomware threat to DR/BC implementations
DRP BCP Best Practices
Proper DR BC planning is required for a successful recovery
DRP BCP Best Practices
- Focus on operations
- Train everyone on how to execute the DRP and BCP
- Have a clear definition for declaring when a disaster or business interruption occurs that will set the DRP and BCP process into motion
- Integrate DRP and BCP with change management
- Focus on addressing issues BEFORE they impact the enterprise
- Validate that all technology is properly installed and configured right from the start.
- Monitor the processes and people to know what critical
DRP Best Practices
DRP Best Practices
- Have management communicate that disaster recovery importance
- Integrated DRP process into the organization culture
- Allocate costs associated as part of the base overhead so that costs are distributed across the entire organization
- Make disaster recovery and business continuity "mission critical"
- Establish KPI metrics for DRP
- Test the plan freequently
- Monitor how other enterprises are faring after and event occurs
- Quarterly review you media communication protocol
- Pool your assets and personnel to provide resilience capabilities for interconnected systems or collaborative technologies
- Test the back-ups (at least quarterly)
Disaster Recovery Plan Template Updated to meet 2019 Mandated Requirements
DR/BC Template Includes Key Job Descriptions
The Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) is that tool which can be used as a Disaster Planning Template for any size of enterprise. The Disaster Planning Template and supporting material have been updated to be GDPR, Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPAA compliant. The template comes as both a Word document, a static fully indexed PDF document, and as an electronic book in .epub format.
The Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Job Description Bundle contains the following detail job descriptions in both in WORD and PDF formats. Included are: Manager Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity; Manager Disaster Recovery; Disaster Recovery Coordinator; Disaster Recovery - Special Projects; Chief Compliance Officer; Chief Digital Officer; Chief Information Officer; Chief Mobility Officer; Chief Security Officer; VP Strategy and Architecture; Digital Brand Manager; Director Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity; Director e-Commerce; Director Media Communications; Manager Database; Manager Media Library Support; Manager Record Administration; Manager Site Management; Manager Social Networking; Capacity Planning Supervisor; and Pandemic Coordinator.
- Disaster Recovery Plan Template Updated to meet 2019 Mandated Requirements