IT Pro's Hiring Kit - Interview Guide & Job Descriptions
"Everything you need to respond and hire as demand for IT Professionals increases" - CIO Fortune 10 Company
Simplify Recruiting While Hiring a "World Class" IT Staff
Hiring is more difficult in today's IT Job Market
IT Pro's Hiring Kit - Includes latest IT Salary Data, Interview and Hiring Guide, and 310 Job Descriptions - In today's economy, nearly every organization faces pressure to have the right talent in place, run at peak efficiency and "do more with less". With the economy improvement and lowest unemployment numbers in several years, HR departments are pressured to get qualified professionals on board now.
Every component of the IT Hiring Kit was updated in and for 2020 requirements
This indispensable resource provides up-to-date salary data gathered through an extensive survey of businesses throughout the United States and Canada, plus polished job descriptions for the 73 IT positions surveyed. This proprietary information reduces the time it takes to recruit top talent and ensure that you get the right person for each job.
The IT Hiring Kit comes in four (4) versions and each is available with an update service.
For best practices, we suggest the Platinum Edition, as it has everything that is needed to meet all mandated job description requirements.
Versions the 2020 IT Hiring Kit
IT Hiring Kit - Standard Edition
- Latest IT Salary Survey - The salary survey draws on data collected throughout the year via extensive Internet-based survey instruments and completed survey forms from businesses throughout the United States and Canada. The survey data reflects IT salaries in 78 major cities in the United States as well as 23 cities in Canada. Summary data is provided in both the PDF document and a separate Excel Spreadsheet.
- Salary Survey Job Descriptions (PDF) The job descriptions are provided as a 206 page indexed PDF document for all of the positions surveyed. The PDF file can be viewed and printed.
- Interview and Hiring Guide (WORD and PDF) Includes two electronic forms (Background Check Authorization and Interview Questionnaire) and two full job descriptions (Manager Human Resources and Human Resources Specialist).
IT Hiring Kit - Silver Edition
- IT Hiring Kit - Standard Edition
- Salary Survey Job Descriptions (Word) The IT job descriptions are provided as 73 individual word files using long file names.
IT Hiring Kit - Gold Edition
- IT Hiring Kit - Silver Edition
- Internet and IT Job Descriptions (Word and eReader) The 310 Job Descriptions have been extracted from Janco's Internet IT and Position Descriptions HandiGuide™. Each job description has a copyright date of . - Includes all of the positions in the IT Salary Survey.
IT Hiring Kit - Platinum Edition
- IT Hiring Kit - Silver Edition
- Internet and IT Positions Description HandiGuide™(PDF) The Internet and IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide™ over 900 plus pages; which includes sample organization charts, a job progression matrix, and 310 job descriptions. The book also addresses Fair Labor Standards and the ADA. Also included are tools to help you expand, evaluate and define your enterprise's unique additional required. Those tools include:
- Job Evaluation Questionnaire
- Position Description Questionnaire
- Job Progression Matrix (Job Family Classifications)
- Candidate Interview Control Log
Growth of IT Job Market (updated)
In 2019 90,200 new IT jobs were created. Janco revised it estimates for the number additional new IT jobs to be created in 2020 as a result of Covid-19.
Data complied and forecast updated by Janco Associates as of March 2020
In today's employment market, it is critical to make every hire count. There is little room for error. It is crucial for senior-level leadership, human resources and hiring managers to all be on the same page and do the right things.
This chart is not the originally published one, rather it is updated to the current status based on the analysis by Janco Associates, Inc. For all the latest IT Employment Data click here.
In addition, it's a good time for CIO and IT managers to direct HR to keep the hiring pipeline flowing. To that end, Janco has created an IT Hiring Tool Kit aimed at getting that process flowing. With it in place, HR and IT teams can work together to get results.
Building an excellent IT staff your company requires offering the right jobs at the right salary levels. Only the IT Hiring Resource Kit provides the industry-standard job descriptions and up-to-date salary data you need to recruit top talent as effectively and efficiently as possible. The salary survey includes a list of the benefits provided by enterprises of all size. Is your company providing the right benefits.