Internet and Mobility News
The Internet and Mobility News feed is an XML news feed that you can subscribe to and re-publish on your web site or blog. The only requirement that you need to meet is that the feed is included with no modifications and that the links within the feed are retained as is.
If you wish to subscribe to this news feed the options that you have are:
Social Neworking Policy is missing in many companies
Electronic forms make implementing a Social Networking Policy easier
As of Januay 2018 Facebook has over 2.2 billion active users, 90% of which are outside of the United States. The scope of the user base with the large numbers outside of the US create significant exposure to enterprises and companies of all sizes and types.
A social netwoking policy along with rules for how employees an associates of firms interact with the Internet is now a core requirement.
There are several such templates for a Social Networking Policies. One of the best, as reported by the American Productivity Society is the one published by Janco Associates.more info
CIO Management Toolkit released
Top 10 CIO managment concerns are constantly changing
- Security - as more instances of cyber-attacks are identified CIOs are well aware that their jobs are at risk if this occurs under their watch
- Staff Retention - During the past few years that has not been an issue but now with an improved IT job market staff will leave.
- Social Networks - This is the wave of the future and needs to be managed more effectively.
- Cloud Computing - This is the new hidden IT that is driving many new applications and is not under the complete control of the CIO and IT organization.
- Infrastructure - No longer are those interacting with the data and systems in a single location utilizing standard hardware and software. Records management, retention and destruction as well as version control are just a few of the areas that CIOs need to manage and control.
- Consolidation - Islands of data and computing continue to exist as new technologies are implemented. Redundancy leads to disparate information and needs to be resolved.
- Big Data - As data is consolidated it needs to be analyzed more quickly so that decision making within the enterprise is improved.
- Automation - Traditional functions are now being eliminated and automation needs to take placed which will meet the strategic objectives of the enterprise.
- Mobile Computing - BYOD and mobile applications are where users are looking for support in order to improve their bottom line results.
- Succession Planning - Not only for the CIO role but for all of the other key roles within the IT functions. Job family definition is now a priority.
Chief Digital Officer (CDO) has an expanding role
Chief Digital Officer CDO's has responsibilities over governance, data risk and compliance that overlap with the duties of the Chief Security Officer (CSO). A new chief in the C-suite often triggers confusion, uncertainty, resistance and even conflict, says the CEO of Janco Assoiates, a technology and infrastructure management consulting organication, which helps guide executive management meet these challenges.more info
Cost of Cloud Outage
Cost of Cloud Outage
Cost of outage is very expensive. If a business has 50,000 customers and just 10% reach out to complain, thats 5,000 complaints to address. That is a significant loss time and energy that could have been spent acquiring new customers and growing the business.
Those unhappy customers are also likely to share their less-than-positive experiences with friends and family, in person or through social media, and might move on to do business with competitors.
Experts estimate that the cost of losing critical applications is more than $5,000 per minute. Nearly 20% of the surveyed companies indicated losses of between $50,000 to over $5,000,000 after losing critical applications and/or data.more info
Open Wi-Fi networks are a security risk
Security Policy and Procedure Manual
Compliance Management Made Easy
ISO 27000 / HIPAA / SOX / CobiT / FIPS 199 Compliant
Open wireless networks are a serious risk to users. Attackers can be sitting on the same networks use various techniques and hacker tools to sniff web traffic and hijack accounts on websites that don't use the HTTPS security protocol. In addition, some Wi-Fi network operators intentionally inject ads into web traffic, and these could lead to unwanted tracking.more info