Chief Information Officer and IT Managers Areas of Interest
Disaster Recovery Planning, Job Descriptions, Salary Survey, Business Continuity, ITSM, SOA, Compliance, SOX, and HIPAA
Chief Information Officer and IT Managers Areas of Interest - The CIO and IT management news feed is one that you can subscribe to and re-publish on your web site or blog. The only requirement that you need to meet is that the feed is included with no modifications and that the links within the feed are retained as is.
If you wish to subscribe to this news feed add the link below to your reader:
IT Job Market Expands
IT Job Market expands to 3.4 million as CIOs and CFOs look to grow the size of the IT Function
IT Jop Market expands as CIOs and CFOs look to grow the size and sciope of the IT Job Market.
The question is will this trend continue.
Read on IT Job Market
- more info
Conflict Resolution - a Human Resources issue for IT Managers
IT Managers conflict resolution - Every IT organization experiences conflict, confrontation and controversy. No one enjoys tackling the touchy topics; but, an attitude of avoidance leads to misunderstanding and decreased productivity. IT Professionals will always have differences of opinion; however, if these differences are not handled in a positive manner, the IT staff will experience anxìety, bruised egos, exploding tempers, higher employee turnover.
As IT Managers, it is vital that you handle difficult conversations while minimizing conflict and tension. Things that you should do are:
- Improve your conflict-resolution skills
- Prepare for and engage in difficult conversations
- Discuss what matters the most with co-workers and employees in a non-confrontational manner
- Understand how to make other people feel heard and understood so you can work together to come up with solutions
- Use conflict as an opportunìty to create a positive outcome
- more info
FCC fines ISP $750,000
FCC fines ISP $750,000
he FCC's Enforcement Division found that at five conventions across the U.S., the Smart City network sent coded messages called de-authentication frames to devices connected to personal hotspots, such as those created by smartphones.
These messages were sent to Wi-Fi base stations to terminate connections. The FCC said that Smart City was trying to force users to pay its $80 daily fee for Internet connectivity.
"It is unacceptable for any company to charge consumers exorbitant fees to access the Internet while at the same time blocking them from using their own personal Wi-Fi hotspots to access the Internet," said the chief of the FCCs Enforcement Bureau.
- Mobility Policy Bundle (more info...) All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable
- BYOD Policy Template (more info...) Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy (more info...)
- Record Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy (more info...)
- Social Networking Policy (more info...) Includes electronic form
- Telecommuting Policy (more info...) Includes 3 electronic forms to help to effectively manage work at home staff
- Travel and Off-Site Meeting Policy (more info...)
Protecting against cybercrime CIO concern
Security Policies - Procedures - Audit Tools
Building a cyber-security plan to protect against the latest threats and position defenses for new attacks is critical. An essential resource for cyber-security teams to build effective defenses is accurate data on the threat landscape.
Security and compliance are key to maintaining control of sensitive and confidential information. All of the product offerings of Janco are geared towards proving tools to help C-Level executives and top IT professionals maintain the privacy of its users and enterprise data. Each of these offerings are current and are updated at least one every three or four months. To support that Janco offers update services for of its security and compliance products.more info
How to Manage Millenials
Tools for the CIO and IT Managers on how to manage millenials for success
Hardworking, passionate, and tech-literate - by 2020, more than half of your employees will be from the often-misunderstood "Millennial" generation. However, many millennials hold a different benchmark of expectations from their place of work than previous generations. Discover how you can empower millennials while embracing a better way to work
- Focus on employee satisfaction
- Understand work vs life balance
- Have and implement a professional development plan for each employee
- Utilize the latest technology
- Provide vehicles for digital collaboration
- Listen to suggestions from millennials