News for the Disaster Recovery Planning
The Disaster Recovery Planning News feed is an XML news feed that you can subscribe to and re-publish on your web site or blog. The only requirement that you need to meet is that the feed is included with no modifications and that the links within the feed are retained as is.
If you wish to subscribe to this news feed the option that you have is:
- Disaster Recovery Planning News Feed
- Create a "collaborative disaster recovery working group" to provide advice and technical support; share learnings from the disaster recovery tests and exercises undertaken; coordinate disaster recovery requirements for resources shared between agencies; identify, develop, implement, and manage initiatives impacting multiple agencies; and coordinate funding requests to ensure certain investments and requirements are prioritised.
- Perform a gap analysis on their disaster recovery requirements and resource capabilities in order to determine the amount of investment that will be required
- Develop and test disaster recovery plans for the IT systems that support critical business functions.
- Provide advice and training to staff on specific disaster recovery systems, as well as newly developed frameworks, policies, standards, and procedures to increase awareness and adoption of those systems.
- Establish "system obsolescence management processes" in order to identify and manage systems at risk of becoming obsolete; enable strategic planning, lifecycle optimisation, and the development of long-term business cases for system lifecycle support; and provide agency executives with information that will allow them to make risk-based investment decisions.
IT Governance Drives IT Salaries Higher
IT Governance drives IT Salaries Higher According to Survey
Data protection, privacy and information security have become a top priority for all organisations.
Organisations are taking stronger measures to protect the information they process, which has increased demand for cyber security professionals. And with an average salary of $93,077 USD, its an industry thats well worth starting a career in.
IT Median Salaries 2018 vs. 2019
- IT Governance Drives IT Salaries Higher
Government Auditor finds Disaster Recovery Plans fall short
Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Audit Recommendations
A government auditor has provided recommendations to government agencies after concluding that their disaster recovery processes are not sufficient to recover and restore critical IT systems following disruptions.
The top five recommendations were:
- Government Auditor finds Disaster Recovery Plans fall short
DR/BC Hurricane Lessons Learned
Breath and depth of Hurricane was beyond the scope of many disaster recovery and business continuity plans
The breadth and depth of damage associated with Hurricane Harvey is a reminder of the importance of developing, maintaining, and exercising corporate-level crisis management, emergency response, and business continuity plans.DR/BC Hurricane Lessons Learned
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity mitigates disruptions
Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
A solid emergency response plan and business continuity plan can help mitigate the impacts of an unexpected disruption. You've spend many hours putting in place resources to help you grow your business, it makes sense to spend time putting in place a plan that can keep your business going if those resources (such as business phones, email and other forms of communication) experience an unexpected outage.Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity mitigates disruptions
Cloud outage could cost billions
How to Guide for Cloud Processing and Outsourcing provides EVERYTHING that is needed to select a vendor, enter into an agreement, and manage the relationship.
Lloyds of London stated thata acyber problem that shuts down a top US cloud computing provider for three to six days could trigger a loss to clients of between $5.3 billion and $19 billion in business losses, of which only $1.1 billion to $3.5 billion would be covered by insurance. Public cloud providers have set up many redundant systems in their clouds. Although you could bring down a single datacenter, perhaps even a whole region, you wont disrupt all the cloud datacenters and regions. Kill one, and the others take over.Cloud outage could cost billions