News for the Disaster Plan Template
The Disaster Plan Template News feed is an XML news feed that you can subscribe to and re-publish on your web site or blog. The only requirement that you need to meet is that the feed is included with no modifications and that the links within the feed are retained as is.
If you wish to subscribe to this news feed the option that you have is:
- Disaster Plan Template News Feed
- Is our data safe in transit and at rest?
- What prevents hackers from gaining access to our data?
- Is our data properly handled, stored, and deleted?
- Who can access our data?
- What are the benchmark measurements?
- Is our data backup strategy compliant?
- Will our recovery be successful?
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Top 10 Disaster Recovery and business continuity are all about being ready for everything. The question that every IT manager and CIO has to answer every day...
- Google data center security & disaster recovery This is a great video on physical security as well as the the software security. This is a great primer which all CIOs and Data...
- Meeting ISO 27031 Requirements Meeting ISO 27031 Requirements ISO 27031 The ISO Standard defines the Information and Communication Technology (ITC) Requirements for Business Continuity (IRBC) program that supports the...
- Will your disaster recovery provider be in business when you need them? Disaster Recovery plans that depend on outsourcers face significant additional risk What if your were in Florida and the Hurricane season was in full swing...
- IBM Business Continuity Plan Services Business Continuity Services Video Business continuity video is good overview of what IBM thinks about this...
- IT Job Descriptions
- Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template
- IT Infrastructure, Strategy, and Charter Template
- Safety Program
- Security Manual Template
- Business and IT Impact analysis - risk assessment
- Electronic communications - records management and archiving
- HIPAA recovery regulations
- Data backup solutions
- Extended application recovery
- Disaster readiness testing
- Windows client and server recovery
- Crisis management
- Incident Communication Plan and Policy
- MeetsISO 22301 and 27031 Disaster Planning Requirements
Cell survice survived Hurricane Havey
Cell service remained up for 96% of the towers impacted by Hurricane Harvey
Hurricane Katrina knocked out more than 1,000 cellular sites when it hit New Orleans in 2005, according to the FCC. When Superstorm Sandy hit the eastern US in 2012, roughly a quarter of the wireless networks in the affected area were down.
By contrast, just 4 percent of the 7,804 cell sites in Harvey's path experienced outages during the storm, according to the FCC. That's less than 400 cell towers.
While the four counties where Harvey made landfall took the brunt of the devastation from a cellular coverage perspective, wireless carriers have worked quickly to restore service. By Wednesday, carriers had cut the number of downed cell towers by half.more info
Top 10 Backup Best Practices
Backup Best Practices core of DR and BC Planning
Available in MS Word, PDF and eReader formats
10 Backup Best Practices - Rules of the Road for CIOs and DR/BC Managers Top 10 Backup Best Practices - Many CIOs want to improve their ability to recover from system failures and data loss, especially to protect themselves from - Continue reading
Question that need to be answered are:
Managing backup and recovery in today's environment is a multi-dimensional challenge with both near and long term business requirements. Recent technological developments in disk backup have had a positive impact on short term data retention requirements (see also BYOD policy).more info
Disaster Recovery Misconceptions
Disaster Recovery - What are the major misconceptions when a disaster occurs with IT systems? Look at what happened to British Airways.
Can your systems can not support your company's day-to-day operations?
The major misconception is that a backup recovery plan is all that you need. At Janco Associates that is not enough. We have found that most companies are really not prepared. Files can be restored but it does no good if they do have facilities for their staffs.
Disaster Recovery Business Continuity tempate available in eReader forman
Several products available in MS Word, PDF and eReader formats
The documents that Janco produces as eReader (ePub) versions of Janco's Products are usable on tablets, iPads, SmartPhones, Kindles, laptops and desktops. Included are:
Disaster Recovery Plan amd Business Continuity Template is the product of choice
Disaster Recovery Plan amd Business Continuity
Template now used by over 3,500 organization world wide
Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Plan has been purchased for use in government, public, and private enterprises in almost all industries.
The Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template is a comprehensive tool and set of disaster and business continuity planning resources, including a detail disaster recovery business continuity work plan on how to proceed from evaluating risk factors to retrieving server data. Areas covered by the template are: