Personal Data Collected
Janco collects data from you, through our interactions with you and through our products. You provide some of this data directly, and we get some of it by collecting data about your interactions, use and experiences with our products. The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Janco and the choices you make, including your privacy settings and the products and features you use. We also obtain data about you from third parties.
If you represent an organization, such as a business or school, that utilizes Janco’s Products, please see the Customer Section this statement to learn how we process your data.
You have choices when it comes to the technology you use and the data you share. When we ask you to provide personal data, you can decline. Many of our products require some personal data to provide you with a service. If you choose not to provide data necessary to provide you with a product or feature, you cannot use that product or feature. Likewise, where we need to collect personal data by law or to enter into or carry out a contract with you, and you do not provide the data, we will not be able to enter into the contract; or if this relates to an existing product you’re using, we may have to suspend or cancel it. We will notify you if this is the case at the time. Where providing the data is optional, and you choose not to share personal data, features like personalization that use such data will not work for you.
How Janco Uses Personal Data
Janco uses the data we collect to provide you rich, interactive experiences. In particular, we use data to:
- Provide our products, which includes updating, securing, and troubleshooting, as well as providing support. It also includes sharing data, when it is required to provide the service or carry out the transactions you request;
- Improve and develop our products;
- Personalize our products and make recommendations; and
- Advertise and market to you, which includes sending promotional communications, targeting advertising, and presenting you relevant offers.
We also use the data to operate our business, which includes analyzing our performance, meeting our legal obligations, developing our workforce, and doing research.
In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect from different contexts (for example, from your use of two Janco products) or obtain from third parties to give you a more seamless, consistent, and personalized experience, to make informed business decisions, and for other legitimate purposes.
Why We Share Personal Data
We share your personal data with your consent or to complete any transaction or provide any product you have requested or authorized. We also share data with Janco-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to maintain the security of our products; and to protect Janco’s and its customers’ rights and property.
How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
You can also make choices about Janco's collection and use of your data. You can control your personal data that Janco has obtained, and exercise your data protection rights, by contacting Janco or using various tools we provide. How you can access or control your personal data will depend on which products you use. For example, you can:
- Control the use of your data for interest-based advertising from Janco by visiting our opt-out page.
- Choose whether you wish to receive promotional emails, SMS messages, telephone calls, and postal mail from Janco.
- Access and clear your data through the Janco’s unsubscribe function
Cookies & Similar Technologies
Products Provided by Your Organization–Notice to End Users
If you use an email address provided by an organization you are affiliated with, such as an employer or school, to access Janco products, that organization can:
- control and administer your Janco product account; and
- access and process your data, including the contents of your communications and files, associated with your Janco product accounts.
If you lose access to your work or school account (in event of change of employment, for example), you may lose access to products and the content associated with those products, including those you acquired on your own behalf, if you used your work or school account to sign into such products.
Many of Janco's products are intended for use by organizations, such as schools and businesses. Please see Customer Section . If your organization provides you access to Janco products your use of the Janco products is subject to your organization's policies, if any. You should direct your privacy inquiries, including any requests to exercise your data protection rights, to your organization’s administrator. When you use social features in Janco products, other users in your network may see some of your activity. To learn more about the social features and other functionality, please review documentation or help content specific to the Janco product. Janco is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our customers, which may differ from those set forth in this privacy statement.
With a Janco account, you can sign into Janco products, as well as those of select Janco partners. Personal data associated with your Janco account includes credentials, name and contact data, payment data, device and usage data, your contacts, information about your activities, and your interests and favorites. Signing into your Janco account enables personalization and consistent experiences across products and devices, permits you to use cloud data storage, allows you to make payments using payment instruments stored in your Janco account, and enables other features.
There are three types of Janco account:
- When you create your own Janco account tied to your personal email address, we refer to that account as a personal Janco account.
- When you or your organization (such as an employer or your school) create your Janco account tied to your email address provided by that organization, we refer to that account as a work or school account.
- When you or your service provider (such as a cable or internet service provider) create your Janco account tied to your email address with your service provider’s domain, we refer to that account as a third-party account.
If you sign into a service offered by a third party with your Janco account, you will share with that third party the account data required by that service.
Other Important Privacy Information
Below you will find additional privacy information, such as how we secure your data, where we process your data, and how long we retain your data. You can find more information on Janco's commitment to protecting your privacy at https://www.e-janco.com/privacy.htm
Janco products and related software are offered to and designed primarily for use by organizations, IT Professionals, and HR Professionals.
In the event of a conflict between this Janco privacy statement and the terms of any agreement(s) between a customer and Janco for Enterprise and developr Products, the terms of those agreement(s) will control.
You can also learn more about our Products’ features and settings, including choices that impact your privacy or your end users’ privacy, in product documentation.
If any of the terms below are not defined in this Privacy Statement or the OST, they have the definitions below.
When a customer tries, purchases, uses, or subscribes to Enterprise and developr Products, or obtains support for or professional services with such products, Janco collects data to provide the service, including uses compatible with providing the service, provide the best experiences with our products, operate our business, and communicate with the customer. For example:
- When a customer engages with a Janco sales representative, we collect the customer’s name and contact data, along with information about the customer’s organization, to support that engagement.
- When a customer interacts with a Janco support professional, we collect device and usage data or error reports to diagnose and resolve problems.
- When a customer pays for products, we collect contact and payment data to process the payment.
- When we send a customer communication from Janco, we use data to personalize the content of the communication.
- When a customer engages with Janco for professional services, we collect the name and contact data of the customer’s designated point of contact and use information provided by the customer to perform the services that the customer has requested.
Janco's Products enable you to purchase, subscribe to or use other products and online services from Janco or third parties with different privacy practices, and those other products and online services are governed by their respective privacy statements and policies.
Productivity and Communications Products
Productivity and Communications products are applications, software and services you can use to create, store and share documents, as well as communicate with others.
Search & Artificial Intelligence
Search and Artificial Intelligence products connect you with information and intelligently sense, process and act on information - learning and adapting over time.
Janco Associates, Inc. is CAN-SPAM compliant and committed to protecting your privacy.