Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, Security,
Job Descriptions, Salary Data and
Infrastructure Policies & Procedures - Planning
Tools for the CIO and IT Managers
This site contains the Disaster Recovery Planning, Business Continuity, IT Salary Survey, Job Descriptions, Infrastructure and other tools that the Chief Information Officer - CIO, Chief Technology Officer -CTO, Chief Security Officer - CSO, and Chief Financial Officer - CFO can use.
IT Infrastructure Architecture with 24 months of update service now available
The 2014 version of the the Disaster Recovery Business Continuity and Security Manual Templates are now available. Both of these World Class documents have been combined into a single package to provide your organization with the complete solution to business continuity and security compliance. They come with electronic forms that are easily modifiable to meet your specific unique requirements.
Both of these templates are the products of choice by 4,000 enterprises in over 100 counties. With the ongoing update service they are the must have winning solution you have been looking for.
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
The Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template is a comprehensive tool and set of disaster and business continuity planning resources, including a detail disaster recovery business continuity work plan on how to proceed from evaluating risk factors to retrieving server data. Areas covered by the template are:
- Business and IT Impact analysis - risk assessment
- Electronic communications - records management and archiving
- HIPAA recovery regulations
- Data backup solutions
- Extended application recovery
- Disaster readiness testing
- Windows client and server recovery
- Crisis management
- Incident Communication Plan and Policy
- Meeting ISO 22301 and 27031 Disaster Planning Requirements
Besides all the great information included in the Disaster Planning e-book, a PDF version of our Disaster Recovery Planning Template and MS WORD version of the template provide a variety of unique, hands-on planning resources to help ensure your organization's disaster readiness as no other product on the market can. So do not delay—order Janco's Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template today!Included with the template are Electronic Forms which have been designed to lower the cost of maintenance of the plan. Electonic Forms that can be emailed, completed via a computer or tablet, and stored electronically including:
- LAN Inventory,
- Location Contact Numbers,
- Off-Site Inventory,
- Personnel Locations,
- Plan Distribution,
- Remote Location Contact Information,
- Team Call List, and
- Vendor Contact Information.
NEWS -- IT Job Market SLOWS down
There was a net increase of 5,400 jobs in March which was slower than the 9,800 jobs added in January and 5,500 in February according to the latest BLS data. There was an improvement in computer systems design and related services accounted of 3,900 jobs; data processing and hosting related services lost 300 jobs; Telecommunications gained 1,800 jobs; and other information services lost 200 jobs. The three month moving average is continues to move up slightly.”
Janco’s says, “For the first time since the dot com bust Janco's metrics show that hiring by CIOs is at a standstill – there is a high degree of uncertainty in the economic climate…”
Janco has just released a white Paper that defining the 10 Backup Best Practices. It defines how to supplement a disaster recovery and business continuity back-up solution with the cloud. A copy of this key document is available to members of Janco's social network.
To join and get a copy of this white paper register here.
NEWS -- Policies and Procedure Bundle -- JUST UPDATEDThe policies have just been updated to comply with all mandated requirements and include electronic forms that can be Emailed, filled out completely on the computer, routed and stored electronically -- a total solution.
- CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle (All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable)
- Backup and Backup Retention Policy
- Blog and Personal Web Site Policy (Includes electronic Blog Compliance Agreement Form)
- BYOD Policy Template (Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Google Glass Policy (Includes Google Glass Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Incident Communication Plan Policy (Updated to include social networks as a communication path)
- Internet, e-Mail, Social Networking, Mobile Device, Electronic Communications, and Record Retention Policy (Includes 5 electronic forms to aid in the quick deployment of this policy)
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy
- Patch Management Policy
- Outsourcing Policy
- Physical and Virtual Server Security Policy
- Record Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy
- Sensitive Information Policy (HIPAA Compliant and includes electronic Sensitive Information Policy Compliance Agreement Form)
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Policy Template with Metrics
- Social Networking Policy (includes electronic form)
- Telecommuting Policy (includes 3 electronic forms to help to effectively manage work at home staff)
- Text Messaging Sensitive and Confidential Information (includes electronic form)
- Travel and Off-Site Meeting Policy
- IT Infrastructure Electronic Forms
- Blog Policy Compliance Agreement
- BYOD Access and Use Agreement
- Company Asset Employee Control Log
- Email Employee Agreement
- Internet Access Request
- Internet and Electronic Communication Employee Agreement
- Internet Use Approval
- Mobile Device Access and Use Agreement
- Sensitive Information Policy Compliance
- Security Access Application
To see a full list of the forms go to Infrastructure Electronic Forms.