IT Job Descriptions
Position Descriptions HandiGuide®
Each IT Job Description a separate
HandiGuide - The IT HR Resource - PDF
263 IT Job Descriptions and Organization Charts
The Internet and IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide® was completed in 2014 and is over 700 pages; which includes sample organization charts, a job progression matrix, and 263 Internet and IT job descriptions. The book also addresses Fair Labor Standards, the ADA, and is in a new easier to read format. To see the what has changed go to our version history.
IT Job Descriptions and HandiGuide comes in PDF and/or MS WORD .docx formats
HandiGuide & IT Job Descriptions - PDF format
The Internet and IT Job Descriptions comes in PDF format The PDF book is over 750 pages in length and contains 263 Job Descriptions in addition to a Job Progression Matrix Template, Employee Termination Checklist (Electronic Form), Job Evaluation Questionnaire, and Position Description Questionnaire.
Includes positions from CIO, CSO and CTO to Wireless and Metrics Mangers. All of the positions in the book have been created to reflect the technology world of 2014. PDF file can be printed and viewed only.
IT Job Descriptions - MS WORD format
263 Internet and IT Job Descriptions as individual files in MS WORD format. Long file names have been used to make customization easier.
Easy job description is between two (2) to six (6) pages in length and has been created utilizing CSS style sheets. As such they are "out of the box" ready to use with little or no modification other than organization specific customization.
Includes positions from CIO, CSO, and CTO to Wireless and Metrics Mangers. All of the positions in the book have been created to reflect the technology world of 2014.
HandiGuide & IT Job Descriptions - pdf & MS WORD formats
The Internet and IT Job Descriptions HandiGuide comes in PDF format and job descriptions as separate MS WORD files. The PDF book is over 750 pages in length and contains 263 Job Descriptions in addition to a Job Progression Matrix Template, Employee Termination Checklist (Electronic Form), Job Evaluation Questionnaire, and Position Description Questionnaire. There is one word file for each job description (MS WORD format). Long file names have been used to make customization easier.
The Handiguide and job descriptions meet all mandated requirements and are all focused on achieving best practices followed by successful IT organizations in world class enterprises from around the world.
This offering includes job descriptions for CIO, CSO, CTO, Wireless Managers, and Metrics Mangers to mention a few. All of the positions in the book have been created and updated to reflect the technology world of 2014.
Update Service & Custom Position Job Descriptions
This service provides you with updates to each of the products listed below for a period of 12 to 24 months from the date of the purchase of the service. In addition, you may be entitled to some custom job descriptions based on the product ordered. To qualify you have to complete the Position Description Questionnaire (which we will provide to you via email upon your request). It typically will take 5 working days to provide you with the completed job description.
Also included with the HandiGuide are tools to help you expand, evaluate and define your enterprise's unique additional required. Those tools include:
- Job Evaluation Questionnaire
- Position Description Questionnaire
- Job Progression Matrix (Job Family Classifications)
- Sexual Harassment and other key employment issues
- Best Practices for resume screening
- Best Practices for phone screening
- Employee Termination Checklist (Electronic Form)
The 263 positions include all of the functions within the IT group. The Job Descriptions have been updated to be compliant with PCI-DSS, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, CobiT, and the ITIL standards. The job descriptions are all structured to focus on "Best Practices" as defined by the IT Productivity Center to meet the requirements of World Class Enterprises. They are ready to use and easily modified to meet your enterprise's unique requirements.
- Chief Information Officer(CIO)
- Chief Information Officer (CIO) - Small Enterprise
- Chief Security Officer (CSO)
- Chief Compliance Officer (CCO)
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Director Electronic Commerce
- Director Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- Manager Data Security/Special Project Supervisor
- Disaster Recovery Coordinator
- Internet/Intranet Administrator
- Manager Metrics
- Metrics Measurement Analyst
- Manager Wireless Systems
- PCI-DSS Coordinator
- Object Programmer
- UNIX System Administrator
- Windows System Administrator
The positions include all of the functions within the IT group. Click on the each group below to see a pop up window with the list of jobs included.
You can purchase this book as a PDF Book, Word Book or as individual word files for each Job Description (in Word .docx format) which makes for easier modification. We have also combined the both book formats with the individual word files for each job descriptions to give you the best of both worlds.
Internet and IT Jobs Latest News
Microsoft employees' opinion of CEO Satya Nadella falls
July 28th, 2014
Microsoft employees' opinion of CEO Satya Nadella Falls
Satya Nadella, Microsoft's CEO approval in June, before the company's biggest-ever layoff, was high enough to place him in the top 30 of U.S. chief executives. After the job cuts his approval rating has fallen significantly.
IT Job Descriptionsmore info
IT Employment News - Current Postings
July 16th, 2014
IT Employment News
- Top 10 issues for CIOs in 2014 Top 10 issues for CIOs in 2014 The top 10 issues that CIOs need to address in 2014 are driven by the current economic and...
- IT Staff Turnover Rates at Very Low Levels IT Staff Turnover Rates at Very Low Levels In a recent level news story in ComputerWorld it was reported that the Society for Information Management...
- Employee Recognition as a Motivator Employee recognition should be a critical component of a companyÂ’s culture and employee motivator. On average 1-2% of payroll is spent on awards and programs...
- Top 10 steps to an effective IT organization Top 10 rules of the road for CIOs when creating IT organizations Top 10 rules of the road for CIOs as they build a modern...
- Top 10 CIO Productivity and Budgeting Issues CIO Â– Productivity Kit The best companies, and their CIOs, recognize the importance of ready access to the right information to drive the right choices...
IT Job Descriptionsmore info
Mid-Year 2014 IT Salary Survey Released
July 1st, 2014
Janco conducts an I.T. salary survey twice a year in conjunction with eJobDescription.com. The new survey includes data from 256 large and 808 mid-sized organizations contacted during the second quarter of 2014.
Salaries have not increased significantly and neither has the number of I.T. jobs, the survey finds. Although companies added 32,200 jobs in the first half of 2014, thatÂ’s less than the 36,500 jobs added during the same period in 2013. Total employment in the I.T. sector has surpassed where it was before the 2008 recession but still lingers below the industry-high levels in 2000.
IT Median Salaries Mid-Year 2013 vs. Mid-Year 2014
The report also highlights the highest-paid I.T. professionals. This year, FacebookÂ’s chief technology officer Michael Schroepfer tops the list with a total compensation package of $12.5 million. ThatÂ’s down from $20 million he earned in 2012, according to the companyÂ’s financial filings.more info
Cloud a mixed bag for CIOs and IT Professionals
May 12th, 2014
A major research firm recently estimated that the number of cloud-related IT jobs in North America would grow 22% per year from 2012 to 2015, with the total number of positions reaching 2.7 million. The research firm published that finding in a report titled Â“Climate Change: CloudÂ’s Impact on IT Organizations and Staffing.Â”
They found that cloud computing could become the key infrastructure model for computing by 2030. Other findings include
- 50% of CIOs felt cloud computing was a high IT priority.
- 66% of CIOs are planning, implementing, or using cloud computing in some fashion.
- 75% of CIOs have security, access, or data control concerns with the public or private implementation of cloud computing.
High Unemployment States Job Market Improves Slightly
April 23rd, 2014
High unemployment states for the most part have improved. In March, the West continued to have the highest regional unemployment rate, 7.2 percent, while the South again had the lowest rate, 6.0 percent. Over the month, only the Midwest had a statistically significant unemployment rate change (-0.1 percentage point). Significant over-the-year rate declines occurred in all four regions: the South (-1.2 percentage points), Northeast (-1.1 points), West (-1.0 point), and Midwest (-0.8 point).
- more info
H-1B Visas taken up by outsourcers
April 1st, 2014
Offshore outsourcing companies continued to make up the majority of the top H-1B visa users in 2013, according to new government data. These offshore firms have been adding employees by the thousands as their revenues increase. Infosys (India based) led the list in 2013 with 6,298 visas approved, just edging out Tata (India based) which had 6258 visas approved last year. Cognizant, a New Jersey-based IT services provider with major operations overseas, led the list in 2012 but dropped to 3rd. The company had 5,186 visas in 2013 versus 9,281 visas approved in 2012 versus 5,095 in 2011.
Employment News Digest - IT Job Market Not Positive
March 21st, 2014
- CIO confidence wanes Â– Hiring slows CIO worries Â— IT job market growth continues to slow from 9,800 jobs in January and 5,500 jobs in February to 5,400 in March Â–...
- IT Job Market News Â– CIO confidence wanes IT job market growth slows from 9,800 jobs in January to 7,900 in May Â– 87,600 jobs added in the last 12 monthsÂ… CIO confidence...
- CFOs Sour on US Economy Â– IT Hiring Anemic in November CFOs and CIO drive Anemic IT Hiring Trend in November IT job market growth is only 400 job in November, 4,300 in the last 3...
- IT Job Market Growth Slows IT job market growth slows to 5,700 in February from 9,800 in January according to BLS data says Janco Even with the unemployment rate falling...
- IT Job Market Improving? Some say the IT Job Market is improving from the 2009 slump IT Job Market Improving? An on-line job portal, Dice says IT degree graduates...
- more info
Career planning is critical for IT Pros
March 17th, 2014
Given the nature of technical work and technical people, most generic career advice is close to useless. And too much of it is just plain unrealistic. You don't need yet another list of 24 things you can do to advance your career.
No one has time to focus on that many things, and honestly, most of them make little difference. It's better to select the one essential thing that will make a big difference and focus on that exclusively.more info
Dowload 2014 IT Salary Survey
March 13th, 2014
Get a free copy of the 2014 IT Salary Survey. Just got to http://www.e-janco.com/Salary.htm.more info
Current College Grads in IT get lower starting salaries
March 10th, 2014
One more study agrees with the salary data that Janco Associates published in January of this year.
Starting salaries for recent college graduates with computer science degrees slipped a bit in 2013. The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) reports in its January 2014 Salary Survey that the overall average starting salary for new graduates rose 2.6% from 2012. But for those with computer science degrees, the average starting salary went from $59,221 in 2012 to $59,084 in 2013, a drop of 0.2%.more info