Technology Acquisiton Policy
The purpose of the Technology Acquisition policy is to establish guidelines for the acquisition of technology including hardware, software, computer-related components, and services purchased with enterprise funds.
A major issue arose in the late summer of 2017 when several "events" occured and scores of enterprises were faced with extended outages and tens of thousands of dollars were spent with little or no guidance as to how that was to be accomplished.
This policy covers the following enterprise technology resources:
- Desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones/PDAs, cell phones, and servers
- Cloud processing services
- Backup and recovery services
- Web-hosted services including blogs and websites
- Software running on the devices mentioned above
- Peripheral equipment, such as printers and scanners
- Cables or connectivity-related devices
- Media storage devices including USBs and NAS devices
Technology Acquisition Policy is 9 pages in length. It contains everything that an enterprise needs to implement a functioning technology acquisition process. Included are forms defining the working environment in addition to a check list to validate that the offsite location complies with you safety requirements.
This policy comes in MS WORD, PDF, and ePub (eReader) formats.
Other Individual Policies
All of the policies that are provided here are contained within one or more of the templates that are on this site. These policies have been added as individual documents in MS WORD format for those clients who just need this particular policy. All policies are Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, and ISO compliant.
The policies have just been updated to comply with all mandated requirements and include electronic forms that can be Emailed, filled out completely on the computer, routed and stored electronically -- a total solution.
We have just completed a major update of most of the individual polices and almost all of the electronic forms.
- CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle (All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable)
- Backup and Backup Retention Policy
- Blog and Personal Web Site Policy (Includes electronic Blog Compliance Agreement Form)
- BYOD Policy Template (Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Google Glass Policy (Includes Google Glass Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Incident Communication Plan Policy (Updated to include social networks as a communication path)
- Internet, e-Mail, Social Networking, Mobile Device, Electronic Communications, and Record Retention Policy(Includes 5 electronic forms to aid in the quick deployment of this policy)
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy
- Patch Management Policy
- Outsourcing and Cloud Based File Sharing Policy
- Physical and Virtual Server Security Policy
- Record Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy
- Safety Progam
- Sensitive Information Policy(HIPAA Compliant and includes electronic Sensitive Information Policy Compliance Agreement Form)
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Policy Template with KPI Metrics
- Social Networking Policy(includes electronic form)
- Technology Acquisition Policy
- Telecommuting Policy(includes 6 electronic forms to effectively manage work at home staff)
- Text Messaging Sensitive and Confidential Information (includes electronic form)
- Travel, Electronic Meeting, and Off-Site Meeting Policy
- Wearable Device Policy
- IT Infrastructure Electronic Forms