Technology Acquisition Policy
Technology Acquisition Policy -The purpose of the Technology Acquisition policy is to establish guidelines for the acquisition of technology including hardware, software, computer-related components, and services purchased with enterprise funds.
A major issue arose when several "events" occurred and scores of enterprises were faced with extended outages and tens of thousands of dollars were spent with little or no guidance as to how that was to be accomplished.
This policy covers the following enterprise technology resources:
- Desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones/PDAs, cell phones, and servers
- Cloud processing services
- Backup and recovery services
- Web-hosted services including blogs and websites
- Software running on the devices mentioned above
- Peripheral equipment, such as printers and scanners
- Cables or connectivity-related devices
- Media storage devices including USBs and NAS devices
Technology Acquisition Policy is 9 pages in length. It contains everything that an enterprise needs to implement a functioning technology acquisition process. Included are forms defining the working environment in addition to a check list to validate that the off-site location complies with you safety requirements.
This policy comes in MS WORD, PDF, and ePub (eReader) formats. All of Janco's Policies are delivered electronically. In addition, they are reviewed and updated frequently to meet the latest compliance and industry standards. This policy is also available as part of the IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle which can be acquired with 12 or 24 months of update subscription service.