In spite of the slow growth technology investments, CIOs and CFOs are more optimistic than at any time in the last four years
(PRLEAP.COM) Park City - UT - IT hiring and salaries expected to rise in new year - Janco's analysis of the latest BLS data and CIO hiring plans shows many CIOs have been asked to plan for more investments in technology even as 2017 budgets have been approved for low or no growth.
The CEO of Janco Associates, Inc., Mr. M. Victor Janulaitis said, "The recent election has resulted in a new perspective for growth in the use of technology. If as the new administration says, taxes will go down, infrastructure spending will go up, and jobs will be kept in the US then productivity will be the key." He added. "With the amount of spending that is proposed there will be need to get more 'stuff done' with US based resources. The only option will be IT technology as a driver of infrastructure improvement. That will drive both salaries and hiring."
Janco interviewed over 118 (42 after the election) CIOs in the last several weeks as part of its planning for the 2017 IT Salary Survey. Janco's CEO said, "CIOs interviewed after the election are optimistic that prospects for IT investments will improve with the new administration." He added, "With all of the proposed incentives from tax cuts for businesses, 'buy American', improved trade deals, and immigration reform we could be in for an economic boom. Janco's forecast of IT job market growth is for improved growth in IT budgets, long term hiring plans, and compensation."
Janco is currently in the process of updating it IT Job Descriptionsand IT Job Description HandiGuide.There will be over 275 Internet and IT Job Descriptions as individual files in MS WORD and ePub formats. Long file names are used to make customization easier. The eReader versions are fully indexed, searchable and work on Kindles, iPads, Android Tablets, and SmartPhones.
The CEO of Janco said, "Anyone who orders the 2016 version of the job descriptions will be able to work with them immediately and will be able to download the 2017 version as soon as it is released in January."
Janco is an international consulting firm that follows issues that concern CIOs and CFOs and publishes a series of IT and business infrastructure HandiGuides® and Templates including a Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Template, Security Template, IT Job Descriptions, and its semi-annual IT Salary Survey.
Versions of the IT Resource Hiring Kit
- Latest IT Salary Survey - The salary survey draws on data collected throughout the year via extensive Internet-based survey instruments and completed survey forms from businesses throughout the United States and Canada. The survey data reflects IT salaries in 78 major cities in the United States as well as 23 cities in Canada. Summary data is provided in both the PDF document and a separate Excel Spreadsheet.
- Salary Survey Job Descriptions (PDF) The job descriptions are provided as a 206 page indexed PDF document for all of the positions surveyed. The PDF file can be viewed and printed.
- Interview and Hiring Guide (WORD and PDF) Includes two electronic forms: Background Check Authorization and Interview Questionnaire.
- IT Hiring Kit - Silver Edition
- Internet and IT Job Descriptions (Word and eReader) The plus 288 Job Descriptions have been extracted from Janco's Internet IT and Position Descriptions HandiGuide™. Each job description has a copyright date of . - Includes the 72 positions surveyed (WORD).
- IT Hiring Kit - Silver Edition
- Internet and IT Positions Description HandiGuide™(PDF) The Internet and IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide™ over 800 pages; which includes sample organization charts, a job progression matrix, and all of the job descriptions. The book also addresses Fair Labor Standards and the ADA. Also included are tools to help you expand, evaluate and define your enterprise's unique additional required. Those tools include:
- Job Evaluation Questionnaire
- Position Description Questionnaire
- Job Progression Matrix (Job Family Classifications)
- Candidate Interview Control Log