Cloud Processing has turned the tables on Outsourcing and CIOs now have more choices and decision that the can make
Park City UT - Janco Associates, Inc. (www.e-janco.com) has just released the findings of it latest CIO survey and the How to Guide for Cloud Processing and Outsourcing (see www.e-janco.com/Cloud.htm). The CEO of Janco, Mr. M.V. Janulaitis said, "Cloud processing and Outsourcing are no longer a slam dunk for the CIO. Balancing control, service levels, costs, and risks make these decisions more complex and potential career altering for the CIO and those making them. "
In a recent study of why CIO continue to choose outsourcing, Janco Associates found that 86% of the CIOs are doing it because they need application development support. Janulaitis said, "The downturn has reduced the developmental and project management skill levels of many IT organizations. CIOs who need solutions now have little choice other than outsourcing or cloud solutions. " He added, "The other reasons they chose this option are: infrastructure support, gaining specialized skills, service level improvements, and cost savings. "
The How to Guide for Cloud Processing and Outsourcing contains over 120 packed pages and includes everything needed to plan for, negotiate, and manage the cloud and outsourcing processes.
The How to Guide for Cloud Processing and Outsourcing contains over 115 packed pages and includes everything needed to plan for, negotiate, and manage the cloud and outsourcing processes. The electronic document includes:
- Cloud Outsourcing Management Standard Overview of outsourcing, Service Level Agreements and responsibilities
- Cloud Outsourcing Policy Standard Policy that can be used to determine when outsourcing is an option
- Cloud Outsourcing Approval Standard Process which can be used in approving an outsourcing agreement. Includes a process flow chart on steps to a successful outsourcing agreement
- Sample Service Level Agreement Includes several sample service level agreements
- Service Level Agreement Metrics Definition of over 150 metrics presented in 18 tables that can be used to manage an outsourcing vendor
- Outline for Contract Negotiation Over 17 pages which issues to be addressed including service to be provided, service level requirements, term of the agreement, enterprise's facilities, enterprise's equipment (owned/leased), intellectual property, third party service providers, IT application project (current / future), responsibilities, training and conversion to mention a few
- Base Case Development Detail listing of factors to include
- Mutual Non-Disclosure Template that can be used to create an enterprise's own document for use with outsourcing vendors.
- Job Descriptions for
- Manager Cloud Applications
- Cloud Computing Architect
- Digital Brand Manager
- Business & IT Impact Questionnaire - Inventory and assess all application - addresses Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance issues.
- ISO 27001 & 27002 Security Process Audit Checklist
Janco is an international consulting firm that follows issues that concerns CIOs and CFOs and publishes a series of IT and business infrastructure HandiGuides® and Templates including a Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Template, Security Template and IT Salary Survey.