Manager WFH Support
New Work From Home Role
The Manager WFH Support oversees work from home activities, including the integration of connectivity and applications. This includes both internal and external to the enterprise, file management, site maintenance, database management, mandated compliance requirements, security management, and coordination of the retrieval of pertinent information from the site to WFHers in the operation of their enterprise roles. The Manager WFH Support reporting relationships vary by organization.
Some of the essential fuctions for the individual in this role are:
- Manages the installation, configuration, and maintenance of WFH components of the IT infrastructure to ensure proper transmission of documents and files over current protocols.
- Supports all connectivity issues associated with WFH sites including broadband and Wi-Fi interactions with suppliers of those services.
- Defines and sets network security layers (firewalls) to deter unauthorized access to proprietary data.
- Manages the implementation and operation of all WFH security with a password and digital encryption information for secured documents.
- Researchs and implements security policies.
- Identifies the necessary training and education requirements.
- Researches new WFH features and tools which might be useful for managing the WFH environment, and for expanding online offerings.
- Optimizes WFH and the general telecommuting architecture for navigability by taking editorial ownership of the content, quality, and style of the site. Consults with graphic artists as required.
- Provides first-level help desk support on WFH issues.
Issues associate with Work From Home support are:
- Determining what needs to be monitored
- Providing a clear and holistic view of the information and data available to WFHers
- Providing solutions to WFHers in a timely manners
- Minimizing complexity and hidden costs
- Defining tools to improve problem resolution and improved productivity
The job descriptions created by Janco's executive consultants have taken these changes in role into consideration when the job description for Manager WFH Support was created.
Get a full set of 300 plus IT Job Descriptions
You can purchase this book as a PDF Book, Word Book or as individual word files for each Job Description (in Word .docx format) which makes for easier modification. We have also combined the both book formats with the individual word files for each job descriptions to give you the best of both worlds.