CSO - Chief Security Officer
CISO - Chief Information Security Officer
The primary objectives of the enterprise information security effort and the Chief Security Officer (CSO) are:
- Ensuring the confidentiality of sensitive information processed by, stored in, and moved through information systems and applications belonging to the enterprise. Examples of sensitive information processed by enterprise include personally identifiable information and other Privacy Act protected records; pre-release economic statistics; information provided by companies and individuals under the assumption of confidentiality; and pre-award contract financial information.
- Ensuring the integrity of the enterprise information such that decisions and actions taken based upon the data processed by, stored in, and moved through enterprise information systems can be made with the assurance that the information has not been manipulated, the information is not subject to repudiation, the source of the changes to information can be determined as best as possible.
- Ensuring the availability of the enterprise information systems and applications during routine operations and in crisis situations to support the enterprise Mission.
Chief Security Officers (CSOs) have many issues they must address when looking at overall security of the enterprise and the IT function. One of traditional ones is security monitoring. Security monitoring spans three areas of operations: monitoring operations (the running status); monitoring traffic (both in and out); and monitoring the results of use (keeping logs, statistics, and analysis). This encompasses monitoring physical hardware, server performance, services, and the network.
Issues with Security Monitoring:
- Determining what needs to be monitored
- No clear and holistic view of the data
- Too many - or too few - "agents" for the job
- Too many manual tasks
- Too much complexity and hidden costs
- Hodgepodge of low-end tools
The job descriptions created by Janco's executive consultants have taken these changes in role into consideration when the job description for the CSO was updated. The Chief Security Officer job description is over 4 pages in length.
You can purchase this book as a PDF Book, Word Book or as individual word files for each Job Description (in Word .docx format) which makes for easier modification. We have also combined the both book formats with the individual word files for each job descriptions to give you the best of both worlds.