CIO Areas of Interest
Disaster Recovery Planning, Job Descriptions, Salary Survey, Business Continuity, ITSM, SOA, Compliance, SOX, and HIPAA
The Janco News feed is an XML news feed that you can subscribe to and re-publish on your web site or blog. The only requirement that you need to meet is that the feed is included with no modifications and that the links within the feed are retained as is.
If you wish to subscribe to this news feed the options that you have are:
- IT Standard News Feed - 30 items
- IT Standard News Feed- 25 items
- IT Standard News Feed- 10 items
- IT Standard News Feed- 5 items
- IT Historic News Feed- 40 items
- Innovation is a world class CIOs driving force Innovation and the CIO Innovation is a driving force for change yet it also comes with risks. Few companies invest in it, and ones that...
- IT Management Suite complete toolkit IT Management Suite The IT Management Suite contains all of Jancos products at a savings of over $2,500. Plus for a limited time (until 12/31/2013)...
- ISO 31000 Compliance Risk Management ISO 31000 Compliance Risk Management Cloud processing and outsourcing add external risks to a business operation. The International Standards Organization (ISO) has implemented a...
- CIOs Drive Enterprise Management Processes IT Infrastructure is key to CIOs leading enterprises in their management processes CIOs and other members of the IT management team could be the reason...
- Budgeting Puts Fear Into Many CIOs and IT Managers Budgeting for 2014 is challenge for many CIOs Budgeting can be a harrowing experience or an opportunity to show that you are an executive who...
- Keep the enterprise security policy manager or compliance manager in the loop on firewall changes.
- Clean up unused rules.
- Eliminate conflicting rules.
- Follow a consistent workflow for requesting and implementing firewall changes.
- Get application developers or the dev ops team on the same page with the firewall administrator.
Cloud creates shadow IT applications and risks
January 14th, 2015
For IT groups, the word "cloud" often refers to a specific type of server virtualization technology, or the use of infrastructure-as-a-service platforms such as Amazon AWS.
For everyone else, software-as-a-service is also "cloud," including such commonly used tools as Dropbox, Google Docs, and LinkedIn.
Company employees can easily go out and sign up for cloud services without any input from IT at all. Only 8 percent of companies know the scope of shadow IT at their organizations, according to a new survey by the Cloud Security Alliance.
Janco Associates has found the companies underestimate their use of cloud services by a factor of eight.
How to Guide for
Cloud Processing and Outsourcing
ISO Compliant - Including ISO 31000more info
A new must have requirement for IT Pros is competence in regulatory compliance
December 8th, 2014
The world will continue to be heavily regulated. And if it is regulated, then businesses must comply with regulations. IF IT Pros are going to do something, you should do it as well as you can - even if they would rather not do it at all. In the case of regulatory compliance - if we made regulatory compliance a requirment for IT Pros then IT could be a driver in more areas of the business.more info
CIO 2015 Planning for growth
November 29th, 2014
CIO 2015 planning for growth current articles. Must read and get ready for new priorities:
- more info
Top 5 Firewall Management Best Practices
November 27th, 2014
Top 5 best practices to address some of the most common firewall challenges that lead to misconfigurations or other problems that cause firewalls to fail in their crucial missions.
Join Newsfeed and save 40%
November 7th, 2014
Join our news feed and send a note to email@example.com and we will send you a coupon for 40% off on any item in our catalog.
- more info