CIO Areas of Interest
Disaster Recovery Planning, Job Descriptions, Salary Survey, Business Continuity, ITSM, SOA, Compliance, SOX, and HIPAA
The Janco News feed is an XML news feed that you can subscribe to and re-publish on your web site or blog. The only requirement that you need to meet is that the feed is included with no modifications and that the links within the feed are retained as is.
If you wish to subscribe to this news feed the options that you have are:
- IT Standard News Feed - 30 items
- IT Standard News Feed- 25 items
- IT Standard News Feed- 10 items
- IT Standard News Feed- 5 items
- IT Historic News Feed- 40 items
- BYOD Policy Template (more info...) Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy (more info...)
- Record Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy (more info...)
- Social Networking Policy (more info...) Includes electronic form
- Telecommuting Policy (more info...) Includes 3 electronic forms to help to effectively manage work at home staff
- Travel and Off-Site Meeting Policy (more
- Retaining existing staff
- Improving employee morale
- Adding new technical skills to staff
- Providing competitive compensation
- Maintaining and improving existing productivity and service levels
- Providing competitive benefits
- Reducing employee burn-out
- Managing organization culture
- Providing viable career path
- Utilizing social networking in the recruiting process
- Keep the enterprise security policy manager or compliance manager in the loop on firewall changes.
- Clean up unused rules.
- Eliminate conflicting rules.
- Follow a consistent workflow for requesting and implementing firewall changes.
- Get application developers or the dev ops team on the same page with the firewall administrator.
- Gaps in customer satisfaction and the perceived value of services
- Excessive bureauacy in dealings with IT by users
- Slowness in adapting and implementing new technology solutions
- Dissatisfaction with chargeback systems that are arbitrary and do not reflect business value
- Inadequate IT support, which decreases productivity and revenue
Policies are critical for mobile computing
July 25th, 2014
Telecommuting, BYOD, and other mobile technologies have revolutionized the way millions of people do their jobs. Employees now have the flexibility to work anytime from anywhere. For enterprises, the increase in employee productivity does often translate into faster response time, more revenue and higher margins.
Mobility Policy Bundle(more info...) All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable
Top 10 CIO Staff Issues
July 16th, 2014
The top 10 concerns of CIOs in staffing are:
Top 5 Firewall Management Best Practices
July 11th, 2014
Top 5 best practices to address some of the most common firewall challenges that lead to misconfigurations or other problems that cause firewalls to fail in their crucial missions.
2014 Mid-Year IT Salary Survey Now Available
July 5th, 2014
T Salaries up less than 1%
IT Pros see little improvement in pay according to Janco's Mid-Year 2014 IT Salary Survey
The Mid-Year 2014 Salary Survey, just released by Janco Associates and eJobDescription.com, is not good news for IT Professionals. The survey shows that hiring and salaries has not significantly improved for IT professionals in most North American metropolitan areas.more info
Top 5 issues CIOs need to address
June 23rd, 2014
Top 5 issues that are causing friction between business users and CIOs are: