CIO Areas of Interest
Disaster Recovery Planning, Job Descriptions, Salary Survey, Business Continuity, ITSM, SOA, Compliance, SOX, and HIPAA
The Janco News feed is an XML news feed that you can subscribe to and re-publish on your web site or blog. The only requirement that you need to meet is that the feed is included with no modifications and that the links within the feed are retained as is.
If you wish to subscribe to this news feed the options that you have are:
- IT Standard News Feed - 30 items
- IT Standard News Feed- 25 items
- IT Standard News Feed- 10 items
- IT Standard News Feed- 5 items
- IT Historic News Feed- 40 items
- 45% did not have a formal enterprise-wide plan
- 40% a company wide directive had been issued
- 17% had not developed or communicated specifice policies
- CIO Issues with workload, budgeting, and staffing CIO issues are made more complex as staffing levels and budgets remain flat As the 2014 budgeting cycle starts, CIOs clearly have their hands full...
- 10 BYOD Best Practices for CIOs BYOD Best Practices for CIOs Bring Your Own Devices (BYOD) is exploding all over corporations. CIOs are in the cross hairs and need to follow...
- IT Staffing 2015 IT staffing 2015 IT staffing companies and researchers released a flurry of information as the first half of the year ended. 2015 is looking great...
- Top 10 Backup Best Practices 10 Backup Best Practices Rules of the Road for CIOs and DR/BC Managers Top 10 Backup Best Practices Many CIOs want to improve...
- Top 10 IT Professional Staff Issues for CIO Top 10 IT Professional Staff Issues for CIO As budgeting starts for 2015, the top 10 IT professional staff issues that CIOs and HR departments...
Rapaid change is putting pressure on CIOs and IT Departments
September 30th, 2014
Great pressure is put on CIOs and IT managers because of pervasive connectivity, advanced analytics, and increasing automation driving rapid changes in business. While IT applications have always been digital, digital technologies have now reached a critical mass and a tipping point that is changing how we live and work.
These changes are forcing CIOs to move beyond their traditional support role and operate on the forefront of business value delivery. CIOs must now drive thier departments to function in two modes: operating more quickly than ever before to meet the demands for new business models and revenue acceleration while maintaining operational consistency and excellence in traditional workloads.more info
17% of all companies do not have specific policies in place for electronic communication
September 15th, 2014
In an interview by Janco Associates, Inc. (JAI) of a CIO in a Fortune 100 company, the CIO disclosed that his financial data is at risk because of the proliferation of devices. JAI verified that this CIO was not alone as in a recent survey of CFOs, only 1/3 said they have a formal enterprise-wide plan for controlling the electronic exchange of financial information.
In that survey had the following major observations
- more info
Compliance to mandated security requirements is a critical focus of CIOs
September 11th, 2014
Compliance is ever changing, and it's getting harder to keep up. In a survey by Janco Assocaites, Inc. (JAI), a management consulting firm focused to helping CIOs meet policy and compliance goals, 70 percent of all respondents reported being subject to multiple regulatory compliance mandates, as well as contractual obligations and industry standards.
Meanwhile, IT budgets are getting leaner as organizations strive to increase cost efficiency in tough economic times, and the emergence of cloud-based services has increased the complexity of compliance management. Given these challenges and tight deadlines, many organizations are addressing compliance requirements in silos using a "checklist" approach.more info
CIO best practices readings
August 22nd, 2014
CIO best practices readings:
CIO - CTO Changing Role
Chief Information Officer - Chief Technology Officer
- more info
CIOs in the million dollar club get stock
August 13th, 2014
Janco Associates has identified 29 CIOs who made over $1,000,000 in 2013. Interestingly not get to that number via base compensation. Almost all get grants of stock which by itself is over $1,000,000.