CIO Areas of Interest
Disaster Recovery Planning, Job Descriptions, Salary Survey, Business Continuity, ITSM, SOA, Compliance, SOX, and HIPAA
The Janco News feed is an XML news feed that you can subscribe to and re-publish on your web site or blog. The only requirement that you need to meet is that the feed is included with no modifications and that the links within the feed are retained as is.
If you wish to subscribe to this news feed the options that you have are:
- IT Standard News Feed - 30 items
- IT Standard News Feed- 25 items
- IT Standard News Feed- 10 items
- IT Standard News Feed- 5 items
- IT Historic News Feed- 40 items
- CIO Issues with workload, budgeting, and staffing CIO issues are made more complex as staffing levels and budgets remain flat As the 2014 budgeting cycle starts, CIOs clearly have their hands full...
- 10 BYOD Best Practices for CIOs BYOD Best Practices for CIOs Bring Your Own Devices (BYOD) is exploding all over corporations. CIOs are in the cross hairs and need to follow...
- IT Staffing 2015 IT staffing 2015 IT staffing companies and researchers released a flurry of information as the first half of the year ended. 2015 is looking great...
- Top 10 Backup Best Practices 10 Backup Best Practices Rules of the Road for CIOs and DR/BC Managers Top 10 Backup Best Practices Many CIOs want to improve...
- Top 10 IT Professional Staff Issues for CIO Top 10 IT Professional Staff Issues for CIO As budgeting starts for 2015, the top 10 IT professional staff issues that CIOs and HR departments...
- BYOD Policy Template (more info...) Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy (more info...)
- Record Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy (more info...)
- Social Networking Policy (more info...) Includes electronic form
- Telecommuting Policy (more info...) Includes 3 electronic forms to help to effectively manage work at home staff
- Travel and Off-Site Meeting Policy (more
- Retaining existing staff
- Improving employee morale
- Adding new technical skills to staff
- Providing competitive compensation
- Maintaining and improving existing productivity and service levels
- Providing competitive benefits
- Reducing employee burn-out
- Managing organization culture
- Providing viable career path
- Utilizing social networking in the recruiting process
CIO best practices readings
August 22nd, 2014
CIO best practices readings:
CIO - CTO Changing Role
Chief Information Officer - Chief Technology Officer
- more info
CIOs in the million dollar club get stock
August 13th, 2014
Janco Associates has identified 29 CIOs who made over $1,000,000 in 2013. Interestingly not get to that number via base compensation. Almost all get grants of stock which by itself is over $1,000,000.
Many data breaches take over 1 year to fix after the first intrusion
July 28th, 2014
Security Audit Program
ISO 28000, 27001, & ISO 27002 / HIPAA / SOX PCI-DSS Compliant
Severs and coprorate data are breached on a daily basis. While this is happening most companies are unaware that their propritary information is being stolen. Janco has found that over 90% of cybercrime victims find out about the compromise only after a 3rd party notifies them. Then after a cybercriminal gains access to an enterprise's network it takes an average 416 days to detect the intrusion.more info
Policies are critical for mobile computing
July 25th, 2014
Telecommuting, BYOD, and other mobile technologies have revolutionized the way millions of people do their jobs. Employees now have the flexibility to work anytime from anywhere. For enterprises, the increase in employee productivity does often translate into faster response time, more revenue and higher margins.
Mobility Policy Bundle(more info...) All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable
Top 10 CIO Staff Issues
July 16th, 2014
The top 10 concerns of CIOs in staffing are: