Service Level Agreement Policy Template with Sample Metrics
Comes with sample agreement, metrics, and a full job description for the
Director IT Management and Controls
- Silver Edition Comes With a FULL SET of metrics related job descriptions
A comprehensive service level agreement is an essential requirement for the provision or receipt of any important service. It quite simply defines the parameters for the delivery of that service, for the benefit of both parties.
Identifying key service level and performance metrics are key ingredients in understanding how the path towards an objective can be impacted. Consequently, by establishing a platform that systematically monitors these service level and performance metrics, CIOs and operational executives can consistently get a pulse on the health of the business. Ultimately, by tracking and measuring the performance of their various business segments, CIOs and executives are able to validate their decision-effectiveness against the intended business objectives. Negative results could indicate the need to vary existing strategies or formulate alternative strategies, while inconsistent results could point towards a lack of correlation between the objectives and their associated metrics. In either case, timely executive intervention is important in ensuring realignment of objectives, service levels, metrics, and strategies. CIO and IT Managers must be vigilant in identifying shifts in business performance. By leveraging real-time data and information, executives can become more proactive, rather than reactive, in performance management.
The quality of the agreement is therefore a matter of substantial importance. It must be complete, comprehensive and accurate in its coverage. Importantly, both parties must UNDERSTAND the contents and their obligations described within.
But where do you start? How do you establish what is required? How can you quickly understand the basics? How can you quickly create an appropriate service level agreement?
Unfortunately, creation of an appropriate and focused Service Level Agreement (SLA) is NOT a trivial task. However, it need not be a daunting experience either!
Silver Edition Includes a FULL SET of Job Descriptions
Each of these job descriptions have been updated recently to reflect the realities of the current technology and compliance requirements. In addition, these descriptions have been used by many organizations to score the compensation levels these positions command.
- VP Administration
- VP Strategy and Architecture
- Director IT Management and Control
- Manager Contracts and Pricing
- Manager Controller
- Manager KPI Metrics
- Manager Metrics
- Manager Outsourcing
- Manager Service Level Reporting
- Manager Vendor Management
- Key Performance Indicator Analyst
- Metrics Measurement Analyst
- Quality Measurement Analyst
- System Administrator Linux
- System Administrator Unix
- System Administrator Windows
- Wi-Fi Network Administrator
The SLA Template and Metrics
The Janco Service Level Agreement Template and Metrics tool is designed to make creation of service level agreements far more straight forward. It is intended to ed-mystify the Service Level Agreement process, and enable CIOs and It Managers in concert with its clients produce a top quality document with the minimum of level of frustration. There is absolutely no need to re-invent the wheel! It is supplied in MS-Word format along with sample metrics which can be applied to most functions.
Service Level Agreement Policy Template in Word for a single application, It defines specific SLAs and metrics that are both internally and externally focused. The sample contain over 70 possible metrics presented graphically in PDF format.
The purpose of this Support Service Level Agreement (SLA) is to formalize an arrangement between [your company] and [the client] to deliver specific support services, at specific levels of support, and at an agreed-upon cost. This document is intended to provide details of the provision of level 3 application support services to [the client]. This SLA will evolve over time, with additional knowledge of the client requirements, as well as the introduction of new applications and services into the support portfolio provided to [the client].
The table of contents for the Service Level Agreement policy template can be viewed in it entirety by clicking on the download link below.
The sample metrics are provided in PDF format. Click on the small image below to see one page of the PDF file with the book marked outline of the document showing the classification of the 70 metrics depicted graphically
Just having metrics and service level agreements is not enough. CIOs and operational managers must:
- Respond to the metrics they have in place
Depending on the level of change in a metric or service level they should involve middle and or upper level management on an assessment of the change and recommend action. By encouraging action enterprise can improve over all operational performance and efficiencies.
- Establish feedback channels to validate service level agreements and metrics
Even when objectives and standards are set, approaches can vary over time due to change in competitive pressures and customer demands. Being the first to know, CIOs and operational managers involved in execution must be proactive in informing their superiors and peers of the status and effectiveness of their service levels and operational productivity metrics.
- Evaluate systematically SLAs and metrics against business and operational objectives
CIOs and operational managers should constantly be accessing the available resources to ensure strategic, financial, and operational alignment of service levels and metrics. In addition to leveraging the available data to make informed decisions, they should be disciplined in recognizing bad decisions and quickly seek better solutions.
CIO Infrastructure Policies
The policies have just been updated to comply with all mandated requirements and include electronic forms that can be Emailed, filled out completely on the computer, routed and stored electronically -- a total solution.
We have just completed a major update of most of the individual polices and almost all of the electronic forms.
- CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle (All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable)
- Backup and Backup Retention Policy
- Blog and Personal Web Site Policy (Includes electronic Blog Compliance Agreement Form)
- BYOD Policy Template (Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Google Glass Policy (Includes Google Glass Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Incident Communication Plan Policy (Updated to include social networks as a communication path)
- Internet, e-Mail, Social Networking, Mobile Device, Electronic Communications, and Record Retention Policy(Includes 5 electronic forms to aid in the quick deployment of this policy)
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy
- Patch Management Policy
- Outsourcing and Cloud Based File Sharing Policy
- Physical and Virtual Server Security Policy
- Record Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy
- Safety Progam
- Sensitive Information Policy(HIPAA Compliant and includes electronic Sensitive Information Policy Compliance Agreement Form)
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Policy Template with Metrics
- Social Networking Policy(includes electronic form)
- Telecommuting Policy(includes 3 electronic forms to effectively manage work at home staff)
- Text Messaging Sensitive and Confidential Information (includes electronic form)
- Travel, Electronic Meeting, and Off-Site Meeting Policy
- Wearable Device Policy
- IT Infrastructure Electronic Forms