IT Job Descriptions Update Service is Announced
IT job descriptions are constantly being updated to meet the latest technology and compliance requirements
The update service is a way that CIOs and HR Managers can see they have the tools they need to meet these ever changing requirements.
IT Job Descriptions Update Service is Announced - Janco Associates has just completed its 25th annual update of its Internet and Information Technology Position Description HandiGuide™. This is part of Janco's continuing effort to create a set of standard 'Best Practices' processes and documentation that CIOs can use to better manage the technology function in their enterprises. Janco is now offering a customized service along with its standard products. This offering includes:
Janco is now offering a customized service along with its standard products. This offering includes:
- 2014 Internet and Information Technology Position Descriptions distributed electronically as a PDF
- 310 IT Job descriptions in MS WORD format
- 24 months of update service for both the PDF document and the 310 IT Job Descriptions
- 5 CUSTOM job descriptions for the organizations who acquire the service
The CEO of Janco, Victor Janulaitis said, "We published the first version of this HandiGuide™ in 1989 with only 98 job descriptions. As technology has advanced we have added over 165 job titles and continually updated them to meet the ever changing technology landscape. Most recently we add position descriptions for the Chief Mobility Officer to deal with the advance of mobile computing; Manager Vendor Management as more services are contracted for on the outside; and KPI Analyst to address the needs of showing the value of technology in business terms. "
The document is distributed in electronic format - both PDF and editable MS WORD. Included within the HandiGuide are tools to help expand, evaluate and define an enterprise's unique IT Human Resource requirements. Those tools include:
- Security - Employee Termination Checklist (Electronic Form)
- Performance Evaluation - Job Evaluation Questionnaire
- Unique Position Definition - Position Description Questionnaire
- Promotion Assistance - Job Progression Matrix (Job Family Classifications)
- Meeting Mandated Requirements - Sexual Harassment and other key employment issues
- Recruit Assistance and Meeting Mandated Requirements - Best Practices for resume screening
- HR Skills for IT Professionals - Best Practices for phone screening
The 310 positions include all of the functions within the IT group. The Job Descriptions have been updated to be compliant with PCI-DSS, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, CobiT, ISO, and the ITIL standards. The job descriptions are all structured to focus on "Best Practices" as defined by the IT Productivity Center to meet the requirements of World Class Enterprises.
More information on this offering, including a full copy of the table of contents can be obtained by following the links
- HandiGuide™ - https://www.e-janco.com/it-job-descriptions.htm
A sample job description can be found at https://www.e-janco.com/Job_Sample.htm
You can get the job descriptions and HandiGuide™ in PDF and/or MS WORD .docx formats.
HandiGuide, all Position Descriptions, and 24 months of Updates
The complete set of all position descriptions, HandiGuide, custom position descriptions, and 24 months of update service. With this purchase you get:
- Internet and Information Technology Position Descriptions distributed electronically as a PDF
- 310 position descriptions in MS WORD and ePub formats
- 24 months of update service
- 5 CUSTOM job descriptions - you will need to complete the Position Description Questionnaire provided as an electronic form and then submit them to Janco electronically at any time during the update period.
HandiGuide & IT Job Descriptions - PDF format
The Internet and IT Job Descriptions comes in PDF format The PDF book is over 900 plus pages in length and contains 310 Job Descriptions in addition to a Job Progression Matrix Template, Employee Termination Checklist (Electronic Form), Job Evaluation Questionnaire, and Position Description Questionnaire.
Includes positions from CIO, CSO and CTO to Wireless and Metrics Mangers. All of the positions in the book have been created to reflect the technology world of . pdf file can be printed and viewed only.
IT Job Descriptions - MS WORD format - Bonus eReader version
310 Internet and IT Job Descriptions as individual files in MS WORD and ePub formats. Long file names have been used to make customization easier. The eReader versions are fully indexed, searchable and work on Kindles, iPads, Android Tablets, and SmartPhones.
Each job description is between two (2) to six (6) pages in length and has been created utilizing CSS style sheets. As such they are "out of the box" ready to use with little or no modification other than organization specific customization.
HandiGuide & IT Job Descriptions - pdf, ePub, and MS WORD formats
The Internet and IT Job Descriptions HandiGuide comes in PDF format and job descriptions as separate MS WORD and ePub files. The PDF book is over 900 plus pages in length and contains 310 Job Descriptions in addition to a Job Progression Matrix Template, Employee Termination Checklist (Electronic Form), Job Evaluation Questionnaire, and Position Description Questionnaire. There is one word file for each job description (MS WORD format). Long file names have been used to make customization easier.
The Handiguide and job descriptions meet all mandated requirements and are all focused on achieving best practices followed by successful IT organizations in world class enterprises from around the world.
Update Service & Custom Position Job Descriptions
This service provides you with updates to each of the products listed below for a period of 12 to 24 months from the date of the purchase of the service. In addition, you may be entitled to some custom job descriptions based on the product ordered. To qualify you have to complete the Position Description Questionnaire (which we will provide to you via email upon your request). It typically will take 5 working days to provide you with the completed job description.