Salary News for IT Professionals - Salaries remain flat
IT Pros see little improvement in pay according to Janco's 2014 IT Salary Survey
Park City, UT - Salary News for IT Professionals - Salaries remain flat - The 2014 Salary Survey, just released and eJobDescription.com, is bland news for IT Professionals. The survey shows that hiring and salaries have remained flat for many IT pros - especially those working in larger enterprises.
The CEO of Janco, Victor Janulaitis stated, "Salaries are up just 0.67% for IT pros in the past 12 months versus 1.98% in the prior survey. However there are some real winners in the IT executive ranks of mid-sized firms. " Mr. Janulaitis also said, "In addition we found that the average tenure for CIOs has moved up to 4 years 4 months from 4 years 3 months last at this time. " He added, "Most of the real growth in both hiring and compensation has been in mid-sized organizations (revenues between $50 million to $500 million).
The seven major findings of the survey are:
- IT compensation has increased by 0.67% in the last 12 months
- Over the long term IT executives have fared better in mid-sized companies than large companies
- Median CIO tenure has increased from 4 years and 3 months to 4 years and 4 months
- Companies are continuing to refine the benefits provided to IT professionals
- Positions in highest demand are all associated with the improving IT service levels, implementation of BYOD
- Programmer/Analysts are in more demand in mid-sized companies than large companies (over $500 million in revenues)
- Cost control is still the rule of the day
- Outsourcing has peaked and companies are looking to bring IT operations back into their direct control
The survey includes data from 252 large and 722 mid-sized organizations with anywhere from a single data point to over 625 for one organization. The data was captured in the last quarter of 2013.
Change in Median Salaries for IT Pros
NOTE: The graphic below is updated with each new IT Salary Survey. The chart compares the data from the period of the survey to prio period.
Latest Median IT Salaries Updated Every Six Months
For the latest compensation data go to the current IT Salary Survey
Benefits Trend 2010 to 2014
Janco has compiled IT compensation data since 1996 and publishes its IT Salary Survey semi-annually. The IT Salary Survey is based on Janco's IT professionals' compensation database. A summary of the most recent salary survey can be obtained by visiting Janco IT Salary Survey at https://www.e-janco.com/salary.htm.