BYOD Policy Template Released
Product addresses a variety of best practices and risks associated with employee use of personal devices for work, including legal issues that arise from access of employee data by an employer
In a continuing effort to create a set of standard procedures that CIOs can implement to meet the challenges they face due to emerging technologies and processes, Janco Associates has added a Bring-Your-Own-Device Policy to its CIO Infrastructure Policy bundle.
The BYOD policy addresses the issues associated with sensitive data on personal devices, how they are backed up, secured and destroyed when needed. In addition, the policy addresses what to do when an employee leaves, either voluntarily or involuntarily. An added feature is an Access and Use Agreement, which addresses all the legal issues that arise out of the electronic access of employee data by an employer.
“As the use of personal mobile devices expands, IT executives are faced with the dilemma that either they support the use of personal mobile devices and maintain some control, or the devices will be used and their companies will be at risk for data breaches and non-compliance with mandate requirements," Janco CEO Victor Janulaitis said. “Blocking access to the wealth of resources available to personal devices inhibits productivity and competitiveness. At the same time allowing access without a set of rules puts the enterprise and its resources at risk. ”
The policy and its electronic form have been added to the CIO Infrastructure Policy bundle and meets all of the mandated requirements of HIPAA, ISO, SOX, Gramm-Leach-Bailey, Electronic Communication Privacy Act (Stored Communications Act).
The policies have just been updated to comply with all mandated requirements and include electronic forms that can be Emailed, filled out completely on the computer, routed and stored electronically -- a total solution.
We have just completed a major update of most of the individual polices and almost all of the electronic forms.
- CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle (All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable)
- Backup and Backup Retention Policy
- Blog and Personal Web Site Policy (Includes electronic Blog Compliance Agreement Form)
- BYOD Policy Template (Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Google Glass Policy (Includes Google Glass Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Incident Communication Plan Policy (Updated to include pandemic considerations and social networks as a communication path)
- Internet, e-Mail, Social Networking, Mobile Device, Electronic Communications, and Record Retention Policy(Includes 5 electronic forms to aid in the quick deployment of this policy)
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy
- Patch Management Policy
- Outsourcing and Cloud Based File Sharing Policy
- Physical and Virtual Server Security Policy
- Privacy Compliance Policy - California Privacy Act
- Record Classification, Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy
- Safety Program (Includes mandated OSHA electronic forms)
- Sensitive Information Policy (CCPA, GDPR & HIPAA Compliant and includes electronic Sensitive Information Policy Compliance Agreement Form)
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Policy Template with KPI Metrics
- Social Networking Policy (includes electronic form)
- Technology Acquisition Policy
- Telecommuting Policy (includes 8 electronic forms to effectively manage work at home staff)
- Text Messaging Sensitive and Confidential Information (includes electronic form)
- Travel, Electronic Meeting, and Off-Site Meeting Policy
- Wearable Device Policy
- IT Infrastructure Electronic Forms
Backup and Backup Retention Policy