Records Management Policy Updated
Updated Record Classification, Management, Retention, and Destruction policy reflects all of the mandated requirements of the DHS
With the extension of the Patriot Act, the recent rulings on immigration, and the implementation issues associated with the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act record retention requirements, Janco has updated its 60 plus page records management policy template. The CEO of Janco Associates, Victor Janulaitis said, “In the past, the length of time you had to keep a document (record) depended on the action, expense, or event the document recorded. However, with all of the recent legislation and court rulings companies must now keep more records for longer, if not indefinite, periods of time. ” He also said, “With the increased use of e-mail, SmartPhones, and tablets more records are generated and stored away from a single source and need to be included in the records management, retention and destruction processes. ”
There is no single statute of limitations for which records a business needs to retain and when they can be disposed of. To make matters more complicated, the federal and state governments often provide different time tables, and the rules change. The CEO added, “To add to this confusing set of rules, individual states like Massachusetts have set their own set of requirements. ” The policy template provides record retention tables with detail time periods for specific records. Included are citations that that state which records apply to which laws.
Janulaitis said, “Companies need to have a written policy devoted to record retention. ” The Janco template contains: a definition of the purpose of the policy; who is affected by this policy; what type of records, data and electronic systems are covered; defines key terms especially legal and technical terminology; outlines the procedures for ensuring records are properly retained; outlines the procedures for ensuring records are properly destroyed; defines the litigation exception processes and how to respond to discovery requests; lists the responsibilities of those involved in record retention activities; forms that help companies build customized tables showing the information type and its corresponding retention period; document the specific duties of a record retention team; and a job description for a Manager of Record Administration.
The Record Classification, Management, Retention, and Destruction policy can be purchased as a single item for $249, bundled with the Backup Policy for $399, or in the CIO Infrastructure Policy Bundle (12 individual policies) for $799.
For more information go to https://www.e-janco.com/recordmanagementpolicy.html .
All of Janco’s products are delivered electronically and come as an easily modifiable Microsoft WORD files. They include everything needed to customize them to fit an organization's specific requirements. The templates contain proven written text and examples.
CIO Infrastructures Policy Bundle
The policies have just been updated to comply with all mandated requirements and include electronic forms that can be Emailed, filled out completely on the computer, routed and stored electronically -- a total solution.
We have just completed a major update of most of the individual polices and almost all of the electronic forms.
- CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle (All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable)
- Backup and Backup Retention Policy
- Blog and Personal Web Site Policy (Includes electronic Blog Compliance Agreement Form)
- BYOD Policy Template (Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Google Glass Policy (Includes Google Glass Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Incident Communication Plan Policy (Updated to include pandemic considerations and social networks as a communication path)
- Internet, e-Mail, Social Networking, Mobile Device, Electronic Communications, and Record Retention Policy(Includes 5 electronic forms to aid in the quick deployment of this policy)
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy
- Patch Management Policy
- Outsourcing and Cloud Based File Sharing Policy
- Physical and Virtual Server Security Policy
- Privacy Compliance Policy - California Privacy Act
- Record Classification, Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy
- Safety Program (Includes mandated OSHA electronic forms)
- Sensitive Information Policy (CCPA, GDPR & HIPAA Compliant and includes electronic Sensitive Information Policy Compliance Agreement Form)
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Policy Template with KPI Metrics
- Social Networking Policy (includes electronic form)
- Technology Acquisition Policy
- Telecommuting Policy (includes 8 electronic forms to effectively manage work at home staff)
- Text Messaging Sensitive and Confidential Information (includes electronic form)
- Travel, Electronic Meeting, and Off-Site Meeting Policy
- Wearable Device Policy
- IT Infrastructure Electronic Forms