Information Technology News - XML News Feed
Security, Disaster Planning, ITSM, Metrics, and Salary Survey
The Information Technology News feed is an XML news feed that you can subscribe to and re-publish on your web site or blog. The only requirement that you need to meet is that the feed is included with no modifications and that the links within the feed are retained as is.
If you wish to subscribe to this news feed the options that you have are:
IT infrastructure and business impact are driven by the age of the customer
The business world has now move to the age of the consumer. Thus organizations need to implement processes and governance structures to support that. However, recent analysis of the current IT and business infrastructure and practices show there is little consistency across organizations - even within the same industry and geographies. Firms that trail their peers in establishing clear processes, incentives, and governance for their innovation programs risk losing market share and competitive advantage - in particular, as corporate strategies shift to the digital business.
Janco's IT Infrastructure policy bundle helps to address those issues. In addition it complies with all mandated requirements and includes electronic forms that can be e-mailed, filled out completely on the computer, routed and stored electronically.
- CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle (more info...) All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable
- Backup and Backup Retention Policy (more info...)
- Blog and Personal Web Site Policy (more info...) Includes electronic Blog Compliance Agreement Form
- BYOD Policy Template (more info...) Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form
- Google Glass Policy Template (more info...) Includes electronic Google Glass Access and Use Agreement Form
- Incident Communication Plan Policy (more info...) Updated to include social networks as a communication path
- Internet, e-Mail, Social Networking, Mobile Device, Electronic Communications, and Record Retention Policy (more info...) Includes 5 electronic forms to aid in the quick deployment of this policy
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy (more info...)
- Patch Management Policy (more info...)
- Outsourcing and Cloud Based File Sharing Policy (more info...)
- Physical and Virtual Security Policy (more info...)
- Record Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy (more info...)
- Sensitive Information Policy (more info...) HIPAA Compliant and includes electronic Sensitive Information Policy Compliance Agreement Form
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Policy Template with Metrics (more info...)
- Social Networking Policy (more info...) Includes electronic form
- Telecommuting Policy (more info...) Includes 3 electronic forms to help to effectively manage work at home staff
- Text Messaging Sensitive and Confidential Information (more Info...)
- Travel and Off-Site Meeting Policy (more info...)
- IT Infrastructure Electronic Forms (more info...)
Cloud Backup and Data Protection
Cloud Backup and Data Protection
Cloud backup, data protection and recovery remain a significant challenge. Data centers are growing in complexity and the volumes of data requiring protection are adding to the pressure on IT teams to guarantee quicker recoveries.
Restoring to a remote data center from backup tapes will likely take too long, assumes that the tapes were not affected by the original problem and still leaves the risk of only recovering old data. Instead, replication software can be used to keep the backup systems constantly updated.more info
One in five workers work at home
Telecommuting is a reality for one quarter of the workforce
According to the BLS in the US, in 2016, 22 percent of workers did some or all of their work at home on days they worked. Workers 25 and over with an advanced degree were more likely to work at home than were persons with less education--43 percent compared with 12 percent of those with a high school diploma.
With the rise of the Internet, and the increase in affordable bandwidth came a new type of worker, the telecommuter. Available technologies, in certain cases, have allowed some companies to offer the ability for certain employees to work from home instead of the office. This can be not only a benefit for the employee, but also for the company itself. As more and more employees clamor for the ability to telecommute, it is imperative for companies to have an in place a viable telecommuting policy.
- more info
CIO are at the forefront of digital transformation
CIOs now have as a priority meeting their companies digital business goals. CIO are the change agents for digital transformation. They create and operate in an environment thats more flexible and responsive.
The perfect infrastructure takes new approaches to understanding needs and delivering capabilities. ITs changing role is paving a new path - one that offers CIOs a chance to evangelize digital opportunities and reshape their career paths. Janco has the tools needed by CIOs to align their approaches to business engagement and delivery with digital transformation. This produces impressive results.more info
DevOps basics are core of Infrastructre, Strategy and Charter Template by Janco
DevOps foundation infrastructure is defined by Janco's Infrastructure, Strategy, and Charter Template
With the explosion of technology into every facet of the day-to-day business environment there is a need to define an effective infrastructure to support operating environment; have a strategy for the deployment and technology; and clearly define responsibilities and accountabilities for the use and application of technology.
In order to implement an effective DevOps environment, CIOs can look at the foundation that is established with the IT Infrastructure, Strategy, and Charter Template.
In most industries today, CEOs need a CIO who can be a true business partner, someone who can not only drive out costs from day-to-day operations, but strategically manage IT to enhance revenue and profits.more info