Client Server Management HandiGuide™
The client/server model has become one of the central concepts used in network computing. Most applications written today use the client/server model as does the Internet's main program, TCP/IP and the DNS addressing model. In marketing, the term Client Server has been used to distinguish distributed computing by smaller dispersed computers from the “monolithic” centralized computing of mainframe computers. But this distinction has largely disappeared as mainframes and their applications have also turned to the client/server model and become part of network computing.
Client Server HandiGuide is based on industry best practices
The Client Server Management HandiGuide contains over 160 pages of practical ways to manage the Client Server operating environment. The Client Server Management HandiGuide is available in both PDF and MS WORD formats.
The book is divided into major sections and some special bonus materials:
- Management - covers the structure and processes of managing a client/server environment
- Technology - provides rules and guidelines for handling technology issues such as LAN management, Backup and Recovery, Application Development, and more
- Asset Security and Control - which provides detailed policy on security and access control.
- Bonus Materials
- Electronic Form - Employee Termination Checklist
- Backup and Retention Policy Template
- Threat and Vulnerability Assessment Tool
- Client Server Management Process
- Client Server Management Structure
- Business Resumption Program
- Back-Up And Recovery Program
- Application Development Standards
- Minimum and Mandated Security Requirements Defined
- Access Control - Physical Site
- Access Control - Software And Data
- Access Control - Midrange and Mainframe
- Operational Management Overview
- Risk Assessment Program
- Personnel Practices
- Local Area Networks
- Facility Requirements
- Services Requests (Change Control)
You can also get the Handiguide bundled with the most popular and proven procedures which are based on industry defined best practices and meet all mandated requirement. In addition an annual update service is also available.
You have the flexibility to edit the electronic HandiGuide via MS WORD. It can be quickly modified to meet your enterprises specific needs. Plus as an added bonus the Client Server Management HandiGuide™ can be acquired with the CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle.
The policies have just been updated to comply with all mandated requirements and include electronic forms that can be Emailed, filled out completely on the computer, routed and stored electronically -- a total solution.
We have just completed a major update of most of the individual polices and almost all of the electronic forms.
- CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle (All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable)
- Backup and Backup Retention Policy
- Blog and Personal Web Site Policy (Includes electronic Blog Compliance Agreement Form)
- BYOD Policy Template (Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Google Glass Policy (Includes Google Glass Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Incident Communication Plan Policy (Updated to include social networks as a communication path)
- Internet, e-Mail, Social Networking, Mobile Device, Electronic Communications, and Record Retention Policy(Includes 5 electronic forms to aid in the quick deployment of this policy)
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy
- Patch Management Policy
- Outsourcing and Cloud Based File Sharing Policy
- Physical and Virtual Server Security Policy
- Record Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy
- Safety Progam
- Sensitive Information Policy(HIPAA Compliant and includes electronic Sensitive Information Policy Compliance Agreement Form)
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Policy Template with KPI Metrics
- Social Networking Policy(includes electronic form)
- Technology Acquisition Policy
- Telecommuting Policy(includes 6 electronic forms to effectively manage work at home staff)
- Text Messaging Sensitive and Confidential Information (includes electronic form)
- Travel, Electronic Meeting, and Off-Site Meeting Policy
- Wearable Device Policy
- IT Infrastructure Electronic Forms
The Best Practices Report says this about the book
The Client Server Management HandiGuide, provides a comprehensive set of policies for the important areas of client/server management. The book offers an excellent foundation from which managers can build their policies as they gain expertise. As Janco warns, not having such a foundation could be a real liability for a manager.