Text Messaging Sensitive and Confidential Information Policy
Fully compliant with all mandated requirements -- Including HIPAA
Include BEST PRACTICES for Text Messaging Marketing
With more people working outside of a formal office there are more occasions where sensitive and confidential information needs to be set between individuals. At the same time there is an ever increasing requirement to comply with mandated security requirements.
As data is captured from systems that is sensitive or confidential, users can use screen captures and actual web based applications to send an enterprise's key information assets with a click of a button. Be it a disgruntled employee, or someone with prying eyes, these assets need to be protected.
Janco Associates, in concert with a dozen of its leading world class clients has created a standard template that any enterprise can use to create a policy to help to manage in this ever more risky environment.
The policy is a well written document that provides the "Rules of the Road" that every "World Class" enterprise follow. This must have policy gives any CIO and CSO the tools they need to implement an environment that is safe and secure. Secure text message requirement covered include:
- Authentication methods
- Password management
- Administrator rights
- Login monitoring and auditing
- Automatic log-off
- Access control
- Account Management
- Protection of data on the mobile device
- Backup processes.
- Secure photo and screen capture sharing
- Notifications & read receipts
- Remote wipe for lost or stolen devices
The policy contains text that can be used immediately. For example::
General Policy Statement
The scope of this policy applies to ENTERPRISE in its entirety, including all employees, contractors, vendors, and affiliates. In addition this policy applies to the network, systems and applications that process, store, or transmit sensitive and confidential information.
- Text messages are electronic communications sent with a mobile device or computer system. Text messages can transmit photos, videos and written word formats of communication. If the content of such a message contains sensitive and confidential information, then the text message must comply with this policy and all mandated requirements.
- All text messages containing sensitive and confidential information must be sent in a secure, encrypted and approved format
The policies have just been updated to comply with all mandated requirements and include electronic forms that can be Emailed, filled out completely on the computer, routed and stored electronically -- a total solution.
We have just completed a major update of most of the individual polices and almost all of the electronic forms.
- CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle (All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable)
- Backup and Backup Retention Policy
- Blog and Personal Web Site Policy (Includes electronic Blog Compliance Agreement Form)
- BYOD Policy Template (Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Google Glass Policy (Includes Google Glass Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Incident Communication Plan Policy (Updated to include social networks as a communication path)
- Internet, e-Mail, Social Networking, Mobile Device, Electronic Communications, and Record Retention Policy(Includes 5 electronic forms to aid in the quick deployment of this policy)
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy
- Patch Management Policy
- Outsourcing and Cloud Based File Sharing Policy
- Physical and Virtual Server Security Policy
- Record Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy
- Safety Progam
- Sensitive Information Policy(HIPAA Compliant and includes electronic Sensitive Information Policy Compliance Agreement Form)
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Policy Template with KPI Metrics
- Social Networking Policy(includes electronic form)
- Telecommuting Policy(includes 6 electronic forms to effectively manage work at home staff)
- Text Messaging Sensitive and Confidential Information (includes electronic form)
- Travel, Electronic Meeting, and Off-Site Meeting Policy
- Wearable Device Policy
- IT Infrastructure Electronic Forms