Now includes five electronic forms to simplify the management process. The forms are:
- Enterprise Owned Inventory
- Mobile Device Access and Use Agreement
- Mobile Device Security and Compliance Checklist
- Safety Checklist - Alternative Work Location
- Telecommution IT Checklist
- Telecommuting Work Agreement
Telecommuting is a popular alternative to making the drive in to work every day. If your users are asking about telecommuting to work, you may find that a telecommuting policy helps makes things clear to them.
With the rise of the Internet, and the increase in affordable bandwidth came a new type of worker, the telecommuter. Available technologies, in certain cases, have allowed some companies to offer the ability for certain employees to work from home instead of the office. This can be not only a benefit for the employee, but also for the company itself. As more and more employees clamor for the ability to telecommute, it is imperative for companies to have an in place a viable telecommuting policy.
A growing number of enterprise employees are telecommuting - ranging from ad hoc work from home due to temporary family situations to full-time telework/home work arrangements. In fact, a recent survey found that 23% of the North American and European enterprises (companies with 1,000 or more employees) responded that a significant portion of employees spend 20% or more of their working time telecommuting or working away from the office
- More North American than European enterprises support regular telecommuting. On average, 17% of employees at North American enterprises report having employees who spend at least 20% of their work time away from their normal work desk or work from home. This compares with an average of 14% of employees at the European enterprises.
- European employers are more conservative than others about telecommuting.
- Size doesn't play a big role in an enterprise's decision to support telecommuting. At companies with between 1,000 and 4,999 employees surveyed last year, an average of 16% of employees telecommute one or more days per week, compared with an average of 14% of employees at firms with between 5,000 and 19,999 employees, and an average of 18% of those working for organizations with 20,000 or more employees.
- Firms with regular telecommuters have even more frequent travelers.
Telecommuting Policy Template - This policy is 13 pages in length. It contains everything that an enterprise needs to implement a functioning and compliant telecommuting process. Included are forms defining the working environment in addition to a check list to validate that the offsite location complies with you safety requirements.
Just added in the latest release of this template a list of the additional mandated requirements that companies face when they implement a telecommuting process.
Other Individual Policies
All of the policies that are provided here are contained within one or more of the templates that are on this site. These policies have been added as individual documents in MS WORD format for those clients who just need this particular policy. All policies are Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, and ISO compliant.
The policies have just been updated to comply with all mandated requirements and include electronic forms that can be Emailed, filled out completely on the computer, routed and stored electronically -- a total solution.
We have just completed a major update of most of the individual polices and almost all of the electronic forms.
- CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle (All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable)
- Backup and Backup Retention Policy
- Blog and Personal Web Site Policy (Includes electronic Blog Compliance Agreement Form)
- BYOD Policy Template (Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Google Glass Policy (Includes Google Glass Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Incident Communication Plan Policy (Updated to include social networks as a communication path)
- Internet, e-Mail, Social Networking, Mobile Device, Electronic Communications, and Record Retention Policy(Includes 5 electronic forms to aid in the quick deployment of this policy)
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy
- Patch Management Policy
- Outsourcing and Cloud Based File Sharing Policy
- Physical and Virtual Server Security Policy
- Record Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy
- Safety Progam
- Sensitive Information Policy(HIPAA Compliant and includes electronic Sensitive Information Policy Compliance Agreement Form)
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Policy Template with KPI Metrics
- Social Networking Policy(includes electronic form)
- Telecommuting Policy(includes 6 electronic forms to effectively manage work at home staff)
- Text Messaging Sensitive and Confidential Information (includes electronic form)
- Travel, Electronic Meeting, and Off-Site Meeting Policy
- Wearable Device Policy
- IT Infrastructure Electronic Forms