2015 Mid-Year IT Salary Survey shows that salaries for IT Pros are moving up as IT jobs are created
Park City, UT - The 2015 Mid-Year IT Salary Survey, just released by Janco Associates and eJobDescription.com, is good news for IT Professionals. The survey shows that hiring and salaries have improved for IT positions in most North American metropolitan areas.
The CEO of Janco Associates, Mr. Victor Janulaitis said, "For the first time in over 6 years salaries for IT Pros have moved up almost across the board. We believe that this is due to the fact that over 139,100 new IT jobs were created in the last 12 months and that the economy seems to be in a recovery mode. " The CEO added. "Janco projects that for 2015 the total number of new IT jobs added will be over 160,000 versus 112,000 that were added in 2014".
The findings presented in Janco's 2015 Mid-Year IT Salary Survey include:
- Over the long term IT executives have fared better in large companies than mid-sized companies.
- IT compensation for all IT Professionals has increased by 1.22% in the last 12 months.
- Between June 2014 and June 2015 the total mean compensation for all IT Professionals has increased from $81,251 to $82,246. This puts overall compensation back at the levels they were at in 2007.
- CIOs compensation across all organizations has shown another increase. The mean compensation for CIOs in large enterprises is now $189,324 (up 2.14%) and $174,520 (up 1.44%) in mid-sized enterprises.
- Positions in highest demand are all associated with security, training, large data center management, distributed/mobile system project management, quality control, BYOD implementation, capacity planning and service level improvement.
- On shore outsourcing has peaked and companies are looking to bring IT operations back into their direct control and reduce operating costs.
- Companies are continuing to refine the benefits provided to full time IT professionals. Though benefits such as health care are available to 80%, IT professionals are now paying a greater portion of that cost.
Janco has compiled IT compensation data since 1996 and publishes its IT Salary Survey semi-annually. The IT Salary Survey is based on Janco's IT professionals' compensation database. A summary of the most recent salary survey can be obtained by visiting Janco IT Salary Survey at https://www.e-janco.com/salary.htm.