Patch Management Policy added to Infrastructure Policy Bundle
With the ever rising availability of enterprise data to mobile users there has been a significant increase in security exposure for information and network assets. The CEO of Janco Associates said, “As many as 90 percent of successful attacks are against vulnerabilities in which a patch already exists. Despite this statistic, many computers do not have the latest security patches installed, putting organizations at serious risk from a variety of malware threats. Patches are time-consuming to track and administer, and it is often difficult to see which computers actually have critical patches installed correctly. Without this visibility, IT managers have no simple method of identifying computers most at risk. ” He added, “To meet this requirement Janco has added a Patch Management Policy to its popular CIO Infrastructure Policy Bundle. ”
Added to that are new mandated compliance requirements. Janulaitis said, “With more business employees moving towards tablet computer, and the iPad in particular, CIOs are now faced with the added support and security requirements posed by these devices.
The Patch Management policy rounds out the infrastructure policy requirements for enterprises of all sizes that have information and application assets available to network and mobile users. Included within the policy is a list of industry best practices. The policy bundle contains thirteen detail policies which are required to meet mandated requires as well as to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the IT infrastructure.
The areas covered by the policies are: backup and backup retention; blog and personal web sites; incident communication; Internet, e-mail, social networking, mobile device and electronic communications; mobile device access and use ; patch management; outsourcing; Record management, retention, and destruction; sensitive; service level agreement ; social networking; telecommuting; and, travel and off-site meetings.
CIO Infrastructure Policy Bundle
The policies have just been updated to comply with all mandated requirements and include electronic forms that can be Emailed, filled out completely on the computer, routed and stored electronically -- a total solution.
We have just completed a major update of most of the individual polices and almost all of the electronic forms.
- CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle (All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable)
- Backup and Backup Retention Policy
- Blog and Personal Web Site Policy (Includes electronic Blog Compliance Agreement Form)
- BYOD Policy Template (Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Google Glass Policy (Includes Google Glass Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Incident Communication Plan Policy (Updated to include social networks as a communication path)
- Internet, e-Mail, Social Networking, Mobile Device, Electronic Communications, and Record Retention Policy(Includes 5 electronic forms to aid in the quick deployment of this policy)
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy
- Patch Management Policy
- Outsourcing and Cloud Based File Sharing Policy
- Physical and Virtual Server Security Policy
- Record Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy
- Safety Progam
- Sensitive Information Policy(HIPAA Compliant and includes electronic Sensitive Information Policy Compliance Agreement Form)
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Policy Template with KPI Metrics
- Social Networking Policy(includes electronic form)
- Telecommuting Policy(includes 6 electronic forms to effectively manage work at home staff)
- Text Messaging Sensitive and Confidential Information (includes electronic form)
- Travel, Electronic Meeting, and Off-Site Meeting Policy
- Wearable Device Policy
- IT Infrastructure Electronic Forms