Practical Guide for IT Outsourcing Updated
The Practical Guide for IT Outsourcing has been updated by Janco. The major enhancement was the modification to make the Guide compliant with both the ISO 27001 and ISO 27002 standards
Park City, UT - Janco has just updated its "Practical Guide for IT Outsourcing" to be compliant with the ISO 27001 and ISO 27002 standards. The CEO of Janco, Victor Janulaitis said, "Janco continues to update its products to be compliant with both industry standards and mandated requirements. "
Included within the Practical Guide for IT Outsourcing are twelve (12) key components:
- Outsourcing Management Standard: An overview of outsourcing, Service Level Agreements and responsibilities;
- Outsourcing Policy Standard: Policy that can be used to determine when outsourcing is an option;
- Outsourcing Approval Standard: A suggested process that can be used for approving an outsourcing agreement. It includes a process flow chart that describes the steps to a successful outsourcing agreement;
- Sample Service Level Agreement: A critical success factor in any Outsourcing engagement, this 19-page section includes a sample service level agreement;
- Service Level Agreement Metrics: Defines over 150 metrics presented in 18 tables that can be used to manage an outsourcing vendor;
- Outline for RFP and Contract Negotiation: Describes in detail what should be included in the Request for Proposal (RFP) and which issues should be addressed including: service to be provided, service level requirements, terms of the agreement, enterprise's facilities, enterprise's equipment (owned/leased), intellectual property, third party service providers, IT application project (current / future), responsibilities, training and conversion, just to mention a few; 7
- Base Case Development: To help negotiate the best price from the vendor, you need to develop a base case model for volumes and growth. This section provides a detailed listing of the factors that need to be included;
- Mutual Non-Disclosure Template: This template can be used to create an enterprise's own document for use with outsourcing vendors;
- Job Description for the Manager of Outsourcing (3 pages long);
- Business & IT Impact Questionnaire - Inventory and assess all application - addresses Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance issues;
- ISO 27001 and 27002 Security Process Audit Checklist; and 1
- HIPAA Audit Program Guide.
The veteran IT consulting team at Janco & Associates has applied their years of outsourcing experience into assembling the Practical Guide for IT Outsourcing. It contains everything you need to plan, negotiate and manage any outsourcing process within your company. The proven principles and examples laid out in this comprehensive guide will help assure the best chance of success for any IT outsourcing initiative.
The Practical Guide for IT Outsourcing consists of over 130 pages of "how-to" text, boilerplate templates and real-world examples. It is 100% current on today's technology issues including Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA and ISO 27001 and 27002 compliance standards.
ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO 27002 are part of a growing family of ISO/IEC standards, the 'ISO/IEC 27000 series' is an information security management system (ISMS) standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). The full name for ISO 27001 full name is ISO/IEC 27001:2005 - Information technology -- Security techniques -- Information security management systems. It is intended to be used in conjunction with ISO/IEC 27002, the Code of Practice for Information Security Management, which lists security control objectives and recommends a range of specific security controls.