CIO's Infrastructure Strategy for World Class Organizations
Janco's Infrastructure Strategy is a map to achieve world class status for an organization's IT function. The framework has been used by enterprises around the globe to to structure the technology function within its operations seamlessly.
Implement Proven Techniques for Success
With the current volatility and rapidly changing technological solutions and increasing mandated compliance requirements now is the time to be in step with the way that industry leaders operate.
IT Infrastructure management supports operational functions such as system management, change control, release management, network management, applications management, job management, and database management. Across these functions, IT Infrastructure management provides a number of benefits that can provide cost savings, improved service levels, and operational efficiencies.
The template covers everything from the basics to the organizational inter-relationships. Included in the template are:
- Statement of Authority - Includes not only CIOs but also an IT Management Council (Steering Committee) and functional group leaders.
- IT Management Structure - Organizational approaches, roles and responsibilities for both centralized and de-centralitized organizations.
- Compliance - Objectives and responsibilities for IT, users, and auditors
- Personnel Practices - Everything in the employment start to termination
- ERP and Omni Commerce - Strategy and best practices defined
- Controls - Definition of types and risk analysis
- Application Development Standards - Includes quality assurance requirements
- Backup and Recovery - Strategy and process alternatives
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity - Includes critical function analysis
- Security - Road map to how and what including appropriate management actions
- Access Control - Including separation of duties and definition of least privilege
- Server and Data Center Facility Requirements - Best practices to protect the physical assets
- Technical Guides including: Audit Program; ISO Audit Checklist; CIO job description; Security Management Compliance Checklist; and much more.