- Google Glass Policy Template
- CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle Updated
Google Glass Policy Template
The Google Glass Policy Template is available as a standalone item or part of the complete IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle
Google Glass has a variety of potential business or educational uses involving accessing, capturing and sharing data, so it can pose a significant security risk to an organization. In particular, the ability to surreptitiously record audio and video can threaten business confidentiality and jeopardize company data and even its reputation.
If your enterprise does not have a Google Glass Policy, then two types of things are happening:
- Your company is losing productivity and missing out on a truly unique tool
- Users have personal Google Glass devices they are using and are already accessing your corporate network, with or without your knowledge -- The issue is that many CIOs are not doing anything to ensure that this is being done securely and in compliance with mandated federal, state, local, and industry requirements.
Google Glass Policy Template meets all mandated compliance requirements
Janco, in concert with a number of world class enterprises had created a Google Glass Policy Template that addresses these issues and provides solutions for the following questions:
- What are the legal implication of Google Glass- What is the impact of the Stored Communication Act - Record Retention and Destruction?
- What happens to the data and audit trail on a Google Glass device when an employee leaves the company?
- What about a lost or stolen devices?
- How is the Google Glass device configured to receive and transmit corporate data?
- What kind of passwords are acceptable to use on a Google Glass device?
- What kind of encryption standards are acceptable for Google Glass device data transmissions - both inbound and out-bound?
IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle Updated
CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle has every policy you need to meet the latest mandated compliance requirements. All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable. The policies included are:
- Backup and Backup Retention Policy
- Blog and Personal Web Site Policy (Includes electronic Blog Compliance Agreement Form)
- BYOD Policy Template (Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Google Glass Policy (Includes Google Glass Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Incident Communication Plan Policy (Updated to include social networks as a communication path)
- Internet, e-Mail, Social Networking, Mobile Device, Electronic Communications, and Record Retention Policy (Includes 5 electronic forms to aid in the quick deployment of this policy)
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy
- Patch Management Policy
- Outsourcing Policy
- Physical and Virtual Server Security Policy
- Record Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy
- Sensitive Information Policy (HIPAA Compliant and includes electronic Sensitive Information Policy Compliance Agreement Form)
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Policy Template with Metrics
- Social Networking Policy (includes electronic form)
- Telecommuting Policy (includes 3 electronic forms to help to effectively manage work at home staff)
- Travel and Off-Site Meeting Policy