Participate in Salary Survey
If you provide us with one data point we will send you the summary as soon as the survey is released. If you provide us with ten (10) or more data points we will send you a full copy of the survey.
Read on .....
|Most enterprises face data security breaches because of lost or stolen laptops, PDAs, SmartPhones, and USB storage devices. Industry experts have found that:
- Laptop and mobile device theft is experienced by 50% of security professionals
- Every 50 seconds a laptop goes missing - and that is just at U.S. airports
- 85% of privacy and security professionals had at least one reportable breach in the past 12 months
- The cost of recovering from a single data breach now averages $6.3 million
- 66% of data breaches involved data the victim did not know was on the system.
Sensitive Information Policy is a Must Have
Information is one of any enterprise's most valuable resources and as such requires responsible management by all members of your enterprise. There needs to be a policy which establishes specific guidelines for the proper protection of these valuable resources and promotes the maintenance of strict confidentiality in compliance with applicable policies as well as state and federal regulations.
To meet these objectives CIOs and IT Managers need to create and follow a sensitive information policy. To that end Janco has created such a policy template which is thirty four (34) pages in length and provides everything that is necessary to accomplish that.
The policy comes as a Microsoft Word document (Word 2003 & Word) that can be modified as needed. The template has been updated to include an audit program definition. The policy template includes:
- Policy with PCI, HIPAA, Gramm-Keach-Bliley, Calfornia, and Massachusetts requiremnt
- Secure Network Standards
- Email Retention Compliance Standards
- Sensitive information best practices
- Technical Appendix with
- Form - Sensitive Information Compliance Agreement
- HIPAA Audit Program Guide
- PCI Audit Program
This policy has been added to the CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle.
Client Server Management more important than you think
Client Server technology is playing an ever increasing role information technology and enterprise operational systems. Yet there are many enterprises that have not fully defined how this architecture is to be applied and managed in enterprise. There are many areas were client server solutions need to have standards applied including:
- Change Control
- Metrics and performance
The Best Practices Report says, "The Client Server Management HandiGuide provides a comprehensive set of policies for the important areas of client/server management. The book offers an excellent foundation from which managers can build their policies as they gain expertise. As Janco warns, not having such a foundation could be a real liability for a manager."
The Client Server Management HandiGuide contains over 160 pages of practical ways to manage the Client Server operating environment. The Client Server Management HandiGuide is available in both PDF and MS WORD formats.
The book is divided into major sections:
- Management - covers the structure and processes of managing a client/server environment
- Technology - provides rules and guidelines for handling technology issues such as LAN management, Backup and Recovery, Application Development, and more
- Asset Security and Control - which provides detailed policy on security and access control.