Google Glass Policy for Employees and Visitors
What are the security, privacy and reputation management implications for a world in which eyeglasses have cameras and microphones
Janco's Policy addresses these issue and much more - It is ready to use out of the box
Google Glass Policy for Employees and Visitors - Google Glass has a variety of potential business or educational uses involving accessing, capturing and sharing data, so it can pose a significant security risk to an organization. In particular, the ability to surreptitiously record audio and video can threaten business confidentiality and jeopardize company data and even its reputation.
With that in mind, the consultants at Janco Associates have created a Google Glass Policy that can be downloaded and used as a guideline for organizations as they establish rules for the use of such devices in the workplace.
If your enterprise does not have a Google Glass Policy, then two types of things are happening:
- Your company is losing productivity and missing out on a truely unique tool
- Users have personal Google Glass devices they are using and are already accessing your corporate network, with or without your knowledge -- The issue is that many CIOs are not doing anything to ensure that this is being done securely and in compliance with mandated federal, state, local, and industry requirements.
Google Glass Policy Template meets all mandated compliance requirements
Janco, in concert with a number of world class enterprises had created a Google Glass Policy Template that addresses these issues and provides solutions for the following questions:
- What are the legal implication of Google Glass - What is the impact of the Stored Communication Act - Record Retention and Destruction?
- What happens to the data and audit trail on a Google Glass device when an employee leaves the company?
- What about a lost or stolen devices?
- How is the Google Glass device configured to receive and transmit corporate data?
- What kind of passwords are acceptable to use on a Google Glass device?
- What kind of encryption standards are acceptable for Google Glass device data transmissions - both inbound and out-bound?
The purpose of the Google Glass Policy Template is to define standards, procedures, and restrictions for end users who have specific and authorized business requirements to use the devices connected via a wireless or unmanaged network outside of ENTERPRISE's direct control.
Google Glass Policy Template - It is 14 pages in length. It contains everything that an enterprise needs to implement a functioning and compliant Google Glass device and use process. Included are forms defining the mobile device environment.
See also Mobile Device Security