What are the security, privacy and reputation management implications for a world in which eyeglasses have cameras and microphones
Janco's Policy addresses these issue and much more - It is ready to use out of the box
Google Glass has a variety of potential business or educational uses involving accessing, capturing and sharing data, so it can pose a significant security risk to an organization. In particular, the ability to surreptitiously record audio and video can threaten business confidentiality and jeopardize company data and even its reputation.
With that in mind, the consultants at Janco Associates have created a Google Glass Policy that can be downloaded and used as a guideline for organizations as they establish rules for the use of such devices in the workplace.
If your enterprise does not have a Google Glass Policy, then two types of things are happening:
- Your company is losing productivity and missing out on a truely unique tool
- Users have personal Google Glass devices they are using and are already accessing your corporate network, with or without your knowledge -- The issue is that many CIOs are not doing anything to ensure that this is being done securely and in compliance with mandated federal, state, local, and industry requirements.
Google Glass Policy Template meets all mandated compliance requirements
Janco, in concert with a number of world class enterprises had created a Google Glass Policy Template that addresses these issues and provides solutions for the following questions:
- What are the legal implication of Google Glass - What is the impact of the Stored Communication Act - Record Retention and Destruction?
- What happens to the data and audit trail on a Google Glass device when an employee leaves the company?
- What about a lost or stolen devices?
- How is the Google Glass device configured to receive and transmit corporate data?
- What kind of passwords are acceptable to use on a Google Glass device?
- What kind of encryption standards are acceptable for Google Glass device data transmissions - both inbound and out-bound?
The purpose of the Google Glass Policy Template is to define standards, procedures, and restrictions for end users who have specific and authorized business requirements to use the devices connected via a wireless or unmanaged network outside of ENTERPRISE's direct control.
Google Glass Policy Template - It is 14 pages in length. It contains everything that an enterprise needs to implement a functioning and compliant Google Glass device and use process. Included are forms defining the mobile device environment.
See also Mobile Device Security
Other Individual Policies
All of the policies that are provided here are contained within one or more of the templates that are on this site. These policies have been added as individual documents in MS WORD format for those clients who just need this particular policy. All policies are Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, and ISO compliant.
The policies have just been updated to comply with all mandated requirements and include electronic forms that can be Emailed, filled out completely on the computer, routed and stored electronically -- a total solution.
We have just completed a major update of most of the individual polices and almost all of the electronic forms.
- CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle (All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable)
- Backup and Backup Retention Policy
- Blog and Personal Web Site Policy (Includes electronic Blog Compliance Agreement Form)
- BYOD Policy Template (Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Google Glass Policy (Includes Google Glass Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Incident Communication Plan Policy (Updated to include social networks as a communication path)
- Internet, e-Mail, Social Networking, Mobile Device, Electronic Communications, and Record Retention Policy(Includes 5 electronic forms to aid in the quick deployment of this policy)
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy
- Patch Management Policy
- Outsourcing and Cloud Based File Sharing Policy
- Physical and Virtual Server Security Policy
- Record Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy
- Safety Progam
- Sensitive Information Policy(HIPAA Compliant and includes electronic Sensitive Information Policy Compliance Agreement Form)
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Policy Template with KPI Metrics
- Social Networking Policy(includes electronic form)
- Telecommuting Policy(includes 6 electronic forms to effectively manage work at home staff)
- Text Messaging Sensitive and Confidential Information (includes electronic form)
- Travel, Electronic Meeting, and Off-Site Meeting Policy
- Wearable Device Policy
- IT Infrastructure Electronic Forms