Video Content Management
Video and Website Content Manager Job Description now a critical new role
Enterprises must face the fact the video is a key element of their future internal and external messaging strategies. Adopting an internal video presence is a must as companies post marketing and training videos on YouTube, making them accessible to employees -- and the rest of the world. The longer IT departments wait, the more likely that company video is going to turn up on YouTube.
Rich media, such as live and on-demand streaming video and audio, provides users with a more complete learning experience by synchronizing additional text, graphics, interactive components, and control elements with video and audio. Benefits of using rich media for employee and partner training include saving time by reducing or eliminating the need to travel, lower costs for employee and partner training, and the ability to capture the attention of e-commerce customers.
Online content can take many forms, including plain text, links, database content, still images (illustrations, photographs, diagrams), animation, audio, video, interactive devices (forms, forums, chat rooms, polls, questionnaires, etc. ). The main responsibility of the video content manager is for the creation or acquisition of verbal content (primarily textual but also audio), although a close relationship with other media specialists, such as graphic designers, will almost certainly be required.
Video and Website Content Best Practices
The most important prerequisite for have video content on the internet is to have a standard approval and distribution process along with a robust infrastructure. Best practices include:
- Use subject matter experts throughout the company and implement a approach which focuses on quality implementation
- Have graphic standards with consistent styles including image and font standards
- Limit "slides" to eight lines with no more than eight words per line
- Use a standard content structure - Tell them what you are going to tell them, tell them, and then tell them what you told them.
- Keep it short and use the viewers time efficiently
- Have clear goals and objectives for content creators and content viewers
- Create clear summaries that state the purpose of the content and methods to access it
- Use techniques that create a clear flow that leverages technology to present the content in a way that the viewer can easily understand it
- Create feedback mechanisms that all the viewer to interact with the content's authors and the company.
Video and Graphics
- Use professionals and or the latest video and graphic tools to create streaming and on-demand videos - this is not time for leaning - company image is critical
- Use Hi-Def equipment
- Use neutral backgrounds for videos
- Use a tripod - do not zoom in and out for video and use standard transition for sides. You want to have viewers focus on the content not try to guess what technique that you are going to be using next
Actors and Lighting
- Vanilla is best - Do not do anything that detracts from the facts or ideas that you want the viewer see
- For men - avoid small stripes, herringbone, loud and plaid patterns and shiny objects like tie clips
- For women - use solids and jackets and blouses versus dresses avoid flashy jewelry and "sexy' cleavage
You can get a job description for the Manager Video and Website Content and other position in the Janco HandiGuide. The job descriptions come in PDF and/or MS WORD .docx formats.
HandiGuide & IT Job Descriptions - PDF format
The Internet and IT Job Descriptions comes in PDF format The PDF book is over 800 pages in length and contains 288 Job Descriptions in addition to a Job Progression Matrix Template, Employee Termination Checklist (Electronic Form), Job Evaluation Questionnaire, and Position Description Questionnaire.
Includes positions from CIO, CSO and CTO to Wireless and Metrics Mangers. All of the positions in the book have been created to reflect the technology world of . pdf file can be printed and viewed only.
IT Job Descriptions - MS WORD format - Bonus eReader version
288 Internet and IT Job Descriptions as individual files in MS WORD and ePub formats. Long file names have been used to make customization easier. The eReader versions are fully indexed, searchable and work on Kindles, iPads, Android Tablets, and SmartPhones.
Easy job description is between two (2) to six (6) pages in length and has been created utilizing CSS style sheets. As such they are "out of the box" ready to use with little or no modification other than organization specific customization.
HandiGuide & IT Job Descriptions - pdf, ePub, and MS WORD formats
The Internet and IT Job Descriptions HandiGuide comes in PDF format and job descriptions as separate MS WORD and ePub files. The PDF book is over 800 pages in length and contains 288 Job Descriptions in addition to a Job Progression Matrix Template, Employee Termination Checklist (Electronic Form), Job Evaluation Questionnaire, and Position Description Questionnaire. There is one word file for each job description (MS WORD format). Long file names have been used to make customization easier.
The Handiguide and job descriptions meet all mandated requirements and are all focused on achieving best practices followed by successful IT organizations in world class enterprises from around the world.
Update Service & Custom Position Job Descriptions
This service provides you with updates to each of the products listed below for a period of 12 to 24 months from the date of the purchase of the service. In addition, you may be entitled to some custom job descriptions based on the product ordered. To qualify you have to complete the Position Description Questionnaire (which we will provide to you via email upon your request). It typically will take 5 working days to provide you with the completed job description.
Also included with the HandiGuide are tools to help you expand, evaluate and define your enterprise's unique additional required. Those tools include:
- Job Evaluation Questionnaire
- Position Description Questionnaire
- Job Progression Matrix (Job Family Classifications)
- Sexual Harassment and other key employment issues
- Best Practices for resume screening
- Best Practices for phone screening