Participate in Salary Survey
It is never too early to participate in the mid year 2010 IT Salary Survey. If you provide us with one data point we will send you the summary as soon as the survey is released. If you provide us with ten (10) or more data points we will send you a full copy of the survey.
Just go to click here.
Read on .....
|Most enterprises face data security breaches because of lost or stolen laptops, PDAs, SmartPhones, and USB storage devices. Industry experts have found that:
- Laptop and mobile device theft is experienced by 50% of security professionals
- Every 50 seconds a laptop goes missing - and that is just at U.S. airports
- 85% of privacy and security professionals had at least one reportable breach in the past 12 months
- The cost of recovering from a single data breach now averages $6.3 million
- 66% of data breaches involved data the victim did not know was on the system.
Interview and Hiring Guide Released
The Interview and Hiring Guide has just been released by Janco. IT is the essential tool that every manager and recruiter needs to quide them through the recruiting process. It lists specific questions that should be asked and cannot be asked to ensure a successful recruiting process.
The guide is now includled with the all additions of the IT Hring Kit. It comes in both MS WORD and standard PDF format and includes a sample Interview Questionnaire form that is easily modifiable to meet your specific recruiting requirements.
Download Table of Contents... Order Now.....
Client Server Management more important than you think
Client Server technology is playing an ever increasing role information technology and enterprise operational systems. Yet there are many enterprises that have not fully defined how this architecture is to be applied and managed in enterprise. There are many areas were client server solutions need to have standards applied including:
- Change Control
- Metrics and performance
The Best Practices Report says, "The Client Server Management HandiGuide provides a comprehensive set of policies for the important areas of client/server management. The book offers an excellent foundation from which managers can build their policies as they gain expertise. As Janco warns, not having such a foundation could be a real liability for a manager."
The Client Server Management HandiGuide contains over 160 pages of practical ways to manage the Client Server operating environment. The Client Server Management HandiGuide is available in both PDF and WORD 2007 and WORD 2003 formats.
The book is divided into major sections:
- Management - covers the structure and processes of managing a client/server environment
- Technology - provides rules and guidelines for handling technology issues such as LAN management, Backup and Recovery, Application Development, and more
- Asset Security and Control - which provides detailed policy on security and access control.
Download Table of Contents... Order Now...